Nice Story on CTLS in AOPA Pilot Magazine

Adam

Just got my latest edition of Pilot Magazine (AOPA's monthly magazine). Nice big article on the CTLS with Skyview. Here is a link to the story online which also includes some video... The spread in the magazine looks great, they call the CTLS "The Starfighter"...

http://www.aopa.org/members/files/pilot/2011/december/f_flight_design_starfighter.html

Hey Jim... I have one on order too! I sold my 2006 SW a few months ago... My new bird is also coming in February (SN 11-11-04) N764AC. I also have a fully loaded (Skyview, AP, Mode S with TIS, LED Landing, Tundra, Lithium Ion, Leather). It will be housed at KHHR in Hawthorne (near LAX). (just for personal use).

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Jim... I have one on order too! I sold my 2006 SW a few months ago... My new bird is also coming in February (SN 11-11-04) N764AC. I also have a fully loaded (Skyview, AP, Mode S with TIS, LED Landing, Tundra, Lithium Ion, Leather). It will be housed at KHHR in Hawthorne (near LAX). (just for personal use).

You guys will love your new birds. We just passed 160 hrs on our latest CTLS which was flown home from Tulsa late June. The Dynon synthetic vis was a little disappointing on how close you need to be to see the runway on the screen. On the other hand the TIS works great! We have a 430waas in this one also. Coupled to the Tru Trac AP it will put the plane right on the runway, just disengage AP round out and flare. A little nose down trim is used when it starts down the glideslope. The CTLS is still head and shoulders above anything else out there in a lite sport. When you park a CTLS next to a Skycatcher and climb out and get in the sky catcher it's like getting out of a Lexus and climbing into a 1975 Subaru, you know that I,m inside of a soup can now feeling. I still can't believe they are not going to do anything to that interior of the little cessna. I guess it was just built for basic training, can't imagine flying one of them more than an hour anywhere.

Archived