Best Tape For Winter Interior Sealing?

Scotsman58

I've used standard clear packing tape (I believe the brand is 3M)to seal up the wing root holes, etc. in my CTLS. The trouble is that the tape won't stick well to the rough interior surface on the new LS models, and it lifts up frequently. Has anyone found a tape that works better?

I've used standard clear packing tape (I believe the brand is 3M)to seal up the wing root holes, etc. in my CTLS. The trouble is that the tape won't stick well to the rough interior surface on the new LS models, and it lifts up frequently. Has anyone found a tape that works better?

I used a film kit for windows. It comes with a foam type tape and a clear film. After installing tape, you use a head gun or hair dryer to shrink the film tight. It looks better that the packing tape and so far is sticking real well.

The shrink plastic sounds like a good way to do this. I've used 3M clear tape and it has always seemed to work well for me. Maybe use some rubbing alcohol and clean the surfaces first on a newer CT to get the tape to stick well? I use 3/8" thick foam gasket tape and tuck this into the gaps around the two large overhead wing spar fasteners. This looks good if care is taken tucking it in evenly.

Archived