High Voltage Indication

Scotsman58

I am occasionally getting a high voltage indication in my CTLS. I have the Dynon Skyview EMS. The voltage indicator sometimes starts flashing, and shows voltage at around 13.7, in the upper "yellow" range. Any thoughts? I saw a posting on exactly the same issue in the "other" CT forum, but there didn't appear to be any responses.

13.7V is not high at all. You should be charging between 13.8v to 14.2v. If the alarm is going off at 13.7 then go into the setup in the Dynon and re-set the high alarm point.

Thanks, Roger! That was my intuition, but I couldn't find any guidance on what the proper range ought to be.

For anyone else with the Dynon Skyview: I went in to the EMS setup and found the following: the upper "yellow" voltage range was set to begin at 13.6 volts. which as indicated by Roger's response above is too low. He indicates that 13.6 is a normal charging voltage. Also, the ranges as set up in my system didn't make sense. I don't remember the exact numbers, but I think the upper yellow was set between 13.6 and 14.0, and the upper red didn't begin till 15.0. I reset the upper yellow range to begin at 14.0 (probably could have used 14.2). If you want instructions on how to change the EMS sensor ranges, see the Skyview installation manual.

Archived