Fuel in drip tray

Runtoeat

• 3 months later...

On post #20 I noted a small amount of fuel accumulating in the drip tray. Although small, the problem has been daunting and I appreciate all your suggestions. The problem has been resolved and it turns out the solution was incredibly simple. The clamp on the carburetor to manifold boot needed to be snugged up. The boot was replaced during the five year rubber change.

Roger Kuhn

My partner and I have noticed a small amount of fuel in the drip tray after flight (as seen through the oil check door). We recently wrapped the exhaust headers, so I'm not sure if the dripping was happening in the past and evaporating before landing due to the hotter header temps under the tray. The float bowl gasket was just replaced and the drip continues.

The engine runs smoothly with no hint of flooding. There is no fuel coming from the air vent tube and no indication of dripping fuel where the inlet line is connected to the carb.

My question is what are the next steps to resolve the drip? I assume float valve replacement should be tried. Nothing has been done to the carb to change the float level adjustment, although the floats themselves were changed out due to the old ones flaking. Is there a way to check the float level adjustment with the carb left on the plane? Also, can the float valve be replaced without removing the carb?

Roger Kuhn

Send me your carbs and I will fix this problem for you. 863-446-3001 cell

Send me your carbs and I will fix this problem for you. 863-446-3001 cell

Tad, I'm thinking you're a little confused concerning the purpose of these forums. They are here for us to help and advise each other, not so much to advertize services for secret fixes.

Disclaimer: I am not a mod. My opinion is mine only.

Archived