Inspection & Replacement Requirements

NC Bill

I'd be grateful if someone would post a list of what inspections and equipment replacements are required on the CT. Also when exactly they are to be accomplished and an approximate cost. It would help in estimating Maintenance Reserves.

Just to list a few I am aware of (and I suspect there are others I'm unaware of):

100 Hour

Annual

Hose replacement

Wing removal

Parachute repack

Engine overhaul

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to jump in here.

Depending on your equipment, you may need a pitot static test every 2 years, a transponder check every two years (unless it's bid into something else). Also, it might be prudent to allocate some money to tire and tube repair/replacement.

You'll need the gearbox looked at at 600-1000 hours (depending on your fuel use).

What I was looking for was a list of inspections and equipment replacements required on the CT not including normal maintenance and consumables.

Selfishly I was hoping once of those knowledgeable would consider posting a .PDF file or spreadsheet listing everything in chron order. Every owner could print a copy and keep it with their logbooks and have a firm idea of what needs be done at their next 100hr/annual. Help to know the level of CT expertise that inspection is going to require and how much extra expense to expect.

Bill,

Well, when you said required on the CT I assumed you meant anything that anyone required be checked, but I get the feeling you meant anything required by CT. Thus my list (I'll retract the gear). After all these years online, you'd think I'd know better than to be the first to respond to such a query. :)

However, our propeller has been there for near two months, and yet to be inspected/completed. It took two months before that to get an appointment date for receiving the propeller.

Only one location, and only one person that is authorized in the USA, and that person has been ill.

Also, the gel coat material has gone 'stale', and problems locating a proper supply.

Warps will no longer be approved by FD. The Inspection fee can be considerably higher and the time to get it back may take longer than planned. It has taken one owner 1.5 months and the props get sent out often and the charge can be more than expected. A couple of owners told me it was $800 or so. It depends on each props's condition. The Sensenich does cost more than $500, it's 4 times that amount. Something about Neuform props is they were never meant to be left outside 24/7. They will develop linear cracks.

Archived