Flaps malfunctioning

stolarek

Wing Nut,

You can do manual up-down flap movement in an emergency. Rotate the knob 180 deg away from

15deg setting. The up (cw) for flap up, and down (ccw) for flap down. Do not exceed limit stops.

See AOI manual, pg 7-2

Hi Bill, 

Perhaps this works for the original board on the CTsw which a has the separate Switch and the Circuit Board mounted on the firewall but not for the replacement or upgrade version.

The switch has just a small amount of travel past -12 and 40 before it comes up against a hard stop making it impossible to go 180 from the 15 position without risking damage to the switch/board assembly.

Thanks

Pete

Hi Bill, 

Perhaps this works for the original board on the CTsw which a has the separate Switch and the Circuit Board mounted on the firewall but not for the replacement or upgrade version.

The switch has just a small amount of travel past -12 and 40 before it comes up against a hard stop making it impossible to go 180 from the 15 position without risking damage to the switch/board assembly.

Thanks

Pete

Those hard stops should have microswitches to cut out the power feed to the motor relay. Manual up and manual down is wired in the same way as the switch that you use to move the flaps during calibration (skips the controller board and directly closes the contacts needed to operate the motor). If there are no microswitches, then the manual up and manual down settings would pop a breaker as the motor grinds to a halt on the hard stops and starts drawing a ton of power.

what Pete is referring is that the switch does NOT go 180° (manual) on 2005 models

on my 'early' 2005..there is NO manual flaps offered  .....I had to make one..

I don't know exactly when FD started to install the [ 180°/manual ]

maybe in the same time they start installing tie down rings :) and 3 axis trim

My 2007 CTSW has the 180 degree option. When I visited DocRon the other day I found that his 2008 CTLS did not.

On mine I found that going to the manual side my flaps will go up a little more than the -6 degree setting. This seems to give me 2-3K more IAS.

I need to check to see if my flaps, and ailerons, are rigged properly.

Hi,

Sorry about the mis-information on the flap switch rotation. My sample size is one, I've only flown and

worked on a 2006 CTSW. , sn 06-12-15.

I have the flap control board mounted on the firewall, and the switch that can be used for manual operation.

My manual mentions this. Your airplane & manual may be different !

I also have mechanical limits on flap motion, I'm not sure if the microswitches will stop travel before hitting the stops.

I've never pushed it that far.

Thanks guys,

I would have to agree with all of your comments, if I recall correctly the original switch which was separate from the Circuit/Relay Board didn't have the restriction and would most likely have traveled full circle,

The newer unit has the Switch mounted directly to the Circuit/Relay Board with limited rotation - 5 notched positions and as stated will travel a little past the end stop in either direction on a momentary basis,

Thanks

Pete

Archived