Markings

Doug G.

In reviewing pics of CTs from various fly-ins and the Gallery, it looks like most all have stickers on them. Some of our members are from other countries, where the stickers aren't needed. Also reviewed pics from Flikr and Picasaweb, and all N-numbered CTs looked like they had the stickers. I know mine came with them, and I've never talked with anyone that mentioned having to put them on. I'd guess they are put on at the factory (coming to US), or by the dealer who also may put on the tail numbers.

Tim

Airtime Aviation delivered my LS new, without the Light Sport placards. The DAR approved the aircraft without checking - apparently. Flight Design USA said they would send me a set. After four years I'm still waiting. I ordered Light Sport placards from Aircraft Spruce and installed them shortly after receiving the aircraft so it would be airworthy. I placed them on the inside of the cabin doors where most Experimental Aircraft have them located. You can see them through the windows from the outside when close and they are very obvious when the doors are open. You can not see my placards from outside the aircraft from any distance. FAR 45.23(b)notes (in part) that they shall be near the entrance to the cabin, cockpit or pilot station in letters not less than two inches high.

PRW

I ordered some from Aircraft Spruce and will likely put them outside, below the doors. If you look for pics of N9922P you will see one of the rare birds (mine now) without them. I'm glad a friend (Dr. Ron) pointed it out to me.

Archived