Flight Design Corporate failure again

Al Downs

Generally... I find Flight Design USA to be a very solid resource for all things CT. I think we by far have the best LSA parts inventory, dealer support network and user network (e.g., this forum) of all LSA's out there. I exclude Cessna as I have heard nothing about how the Skycatcher world is performing (Is the Skycatcher actually selling or was it just overzealous dealers who ordered a bunch on the come?). We appear (in my eyes) to have the most mission capable plane, with excellent support. I find the guys in Connecticut to be very helpful and reliable. I typically find nothing in aviation (for any brand) to be "instant" but most any request I have had has been dealt with timely. Most parts are "in stock" and "available" for overnight shipping if I choose to pay (thinking more of my old SW as I have not needed to order anything for the new LS). I believe that Tom, John and the entire crew do care about what they do even if at times they get busy! It is because of their service (and the mission capable plane) that I have bought Flight Design twice! (and would do it again)

A while back I posted a question about what to call our airplane on the radio and the consensus was call it what is is "Flight Design N****". The thought was if we don't teach people what it is they will never learn.

I really don't see this problem any different. I spoke to FD last Thursday, emailed them within 15 minutes of our discussion and emailed them again Friday morning. Still no response. I know they are not that busy that they could not answer. In all my contacts with them I have always gotten an unprofessional response from them. Even a quick acknowledgement from them would be better than absolutely no response.

I don't compare them to other companies. I did not buy from another company. If this is the way they think they should handle their customers then I disagree. It is a poor business practice and I will continue to complain until they fix it. At this point I can recommend the CTLS but would always clarify it with horrible customer service statement. I would look long and hard at other Sport planes before I would spend the big bucks Flight Design costs.

I for one will not protect there reputation by letting this horrible service slide.

Al, I know your upset. From an email I received I know Tom P. is out of the country last week and this week. He is likely the one who would have been able to answer to your question at Flight Design USA. I don't know which email address you sent it to, but if was Tom's that could be the reason for not getting the quick responce you were hoping for. If it was someone else they could have been waiting to get the answer from Germany or the Ukraine before replying. Like others I have had good service, but have also had to wait on answers from Germany.

Al, I know your upset. From an email I received I know Tom P. is out of the country last week and this week. He is likely the one who would have been able to answer to your question at Flight Design USA. I don't know which email address you sent it to, but if was Tom's that could be the reason for not getting the quick responce you were hoping for. If it was someone else they could have been waiting to get the answer from Germany or the Ukraine before replying. Like others I have had good service, but have also had to wait on answers from Germany.

I actually spoke to a fellow in tech support who said if I didn't find it on the website he would email it to me.

Archived