Engine capacitor vibration damage

On 4/20/2022 at 5:33 PM, Anticept said:

Then the bulb is likely good.

As said, turn the gen breaker on with master off. The gen light should come on.

On 4/23/2022 at 10:55 PM, Anticept said:

Dampens the high frequency noise in the electrical system.

I suggest getting an MRA and installing ALS40A104KF025. It uses screw terminals and does a much better job of filtering.

Make sure you install it with the correct polarity or it will pop on you.

I just replaced my old capacitor with the one you mentioned, much quieter intercom and to my surprise the amp meter reading is steady - not jumping around like it did before.

Sure is a big size difference in the new capacitor.

12 hours ago, GlennM said:

Off topic, but do you have a firewall blanket ?  I don't see one.

Hi. No, i do not have a firewall blanket.   I took delivery of the plane in 2008 in CA,  and shipped it to the Philippines.  I was not able to get the blanket installed in the USA and i also never got around to installing it here. 

13 hours ago, GlennM said:

Off topic, but do you have a firewall blanket ?  I don't see one.

About a year and a half ago I did an inspection on a CTSW that didn't hve the blanket installed. I coated the the firewall with the fire retardent paint like used on the later CTLS's. The blankets were no longer available.

20 minutes ago, Tom Baker said:

About a year and a half ago I did an inspection on a CTSW that didn't hve the blanket installed. I coated the the firewall with the fire retardent paint like used on the later CTLS's. The blankets were no longer available.

I have some. Call me next time.

• 6 months later...

There are many different types of capacitors, but they all work on the same basic principle: two conductors separated by an insulating material (called a dielectric). When voltage is applied to the conductors, an electric field is created. This field stores energy. which is factors that can cause damage to capacitors