CTLS down

Tip

If we can trust GOOGLE TRANSLATE it would appear the chute deployed AFTER touchdown.

The pilot (53) continued to make an emergency landing. A large field in Haselau seemed ideal. The aircraft touched down on good, then unfolded the parachute.

Of course then we have to trust the reporter at TVR-NEWS as well.

I'd like a PIREP telling when or if the crew pulled the "little Red handle".

It must have been after or within a couple seconds of impact. If the chute were held only by the lines shown, it would have dropped the plane almost vertically nose down. The lines of force go right through the CG which is centered but roughly where your solarplexis is in the cabin

This report is for a SW from last year. I think that is was on the forum then. The "A" pillars are not torn open.

http://aviation-safe...i.php?id=147139

That guy admitted to blowing the chute right before impact. This seems to be a frustrating pattern for Cirrus pilots as well, described on their forums. Many last-second pulls which don't help.

A good friend is an A&P who has a shop in Germany and often travels there to work on "N" numbered "Ex-pat" aircraft. I'll run this event by him to see if he can get the German side of the story. I'm not sure about a nose dive but there was enought force to show definite rapid decent! The scrape lines run diagonally across the fuselage showing that the plane was maybe askew to direction of travel before making contact to ground. If I had to deadstick my plane in, I'd be happy if it looked like this and I only needed minor medical attention!

The two front straps cut the cabin all the way to the front of the wing, and the two rear straps come out of the access panel. If they landed right next to the power line with the wind blowing wouldn't that hoist them up like the picture shows? I think if the power lines hadn't been there the wind would have drug them a ways.

I'm with Tom. Looks like a textbook vertical landing in level attitude under full canopy. All the cirrus chute landings have the mains taking up some of the energy crushing upwards and nose wheel driving up or to the side depending on drift from wind speed. The plane probably was pulled across the ground until it came up against the electric box and the drifting chute lifted the tail till the weight of the rest of the plane held it there vertical.

Archived