I pulled my chute today

sandpiper

OK, got your attention. :) Pulled it out of the plane for repack. I think Roger said it was a half hour job. I can always triple Roger's time. :( I learned that when we were training together at Rainbow. Took me 1.5 hours and I managed not to fire the rocket. Repack is $846 plus shipping and $3000 insurance. 5-7 days turnaround.

Hi John,

Sorry you misunderstood on the time to remove. It is really 20 min. :) after you have done it a time or two. Rocket removal not included, add 10 minutes. :)

BRS recommended $2K for me. Did they up the insurance recommendation?

Breaks over for me, time to get back to the inspection. Talk to you later.

BRS recommended that I insure the part being shipped for a value of $3,000. UPS probably can't hurt it but I insured it anyway. BRS current cost for repack is $846. UPS boxed it up for me for $28 and then there is the cost of shipping. I picked the cheapest UPS offered which was about $108 one way and it will arrive next Tuesday. For $250 It would have been delivered Monday.They have next day delivery if you want to pay big bucks, I didn't even ask. USPS would probably be cheaper.

Roger - my 1.5hrs included rocket removal so the triple rule still works!! :unsure: Breaks over for me, too. Back to my nap. :blush:

I've worked out something with Stanton, MN AI Kent Johnson. He has an extral chute (also from a 2008). He checked with BRS and Flight Design who OK'd the idea that he could send that chute in in for re-pack, then install it in my 2008 when I go for my annual in a couple of weeks. Just have to log the change in serial numbers. So, no down time or high-cost near-overnight shipping. If it weren't for the annual inspection he said I'd be flying in 2-3 hours.

Archived