A little video of today's flight

FastEddieB

• 2 weeks later...

Nice video!

Question:

I have the suction cup mount for my Hero but always saftied it to the strut bracket on my Challenger. My Sting has no such fasten point.

Do you think the suction cup will hold at 110-120 MPH? I'd hate to loose the camera or worse.

Rich

Mine has held for hours at 145mph. Many faster planes use it regularly, as do cars and motorcycles. I think GoPro claims 200mph. That being said, changing heat and barometric pressure could mess with things, as could surface texture. I'd make sure it doesn't interfere with any control surfaces if it came off. Some like the idea of a tether, others think it might turn into a wildly flapping hammer.

Tim

Has anyone used the Nflightcam attached to the hold down?

Yes... Worked like a champ

Used a little scrap piece of aluminum, painted it white, drilled hole for tie down to slip through and used a piece of rubber to protect the wing finish.

post-124-0-96795700-1370044118_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-38144400-1370044126_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-82239000-1370044136_thumb.jpg

I have another mounted in the cockpit. I use the NFlightcam + for the inside (no prop hash in video) and I record audio off that with the headset plug adapter. Battery wise mine lasts about 3 hours. Depending on model, you can use an iPhone to remotely turn record on and off.

Archived