OSHKOSH 2013

mocfly

With only 67 days until the opening it's time to start planning the trip.

I have for the past few years been parking in the grass by the terminal building and believe it to be the best spot on the grounds.

Looking to hookup with anyone going to the show, either on the way in or during the week.

If anyone needs a place to stay I can provide the name and number of the contact person where I stay. It is a small private school that converts the classrooms into dorm rooms during the show. They provide transport to the grounds and back to the school throughout the day. Breakfast is included and a small fee is required for dinner. It's like 5 bucks. For those of us that go year after year we have been known to raid the fridge and get a midnight snack. I would say that it's a real family environment.

• 1 month later...

I will be flying my CTSW to Osh for the first time this year. I am concerned as to parking. I know I will be in the General Parking area. I don't think I can pick parking if I read the Notam right. Will be arriving July 28, the day before it starts. Is the grass ok for our small low airplanes? Also any hints as to tie-downs, plane covers and just general securing of the CT while there. I'll be there 5 days.

I'm not a die hard Osh participant but you should have tie downs with you. I think they have them for sale if you don't have adequate ones. I suppose there is a chance they might park you on a hard surface but I doubt it.

Where you park is partially tied to your arrival time. We came in after the show started and were parked a long way from anything in a field. They do have good transportation available to the show grounds from wherever you do end up parking.

If you want to cover you plane, they have many vendors that will sell you most anything.

I'm sure there are lots of folks on the forum that can answer any question you may have.

Archived