Inspection schedule for CTSW

Craig

Roger,

You are correct. I haven seen any mfg manuals complete either. The problem is that in the SLSA world we have no other place to turn for data to maintain (inspect) these machines. I absolutely do not want to come off as confrontational, however us "old-time" A&P mechanics are acustom to proper guidance wih regard to maintenance methods, techniques, and practices. As I have said before, FD and all the others are more than happy to accept your money to purchase their product. All I have ever asked for in return, is do what you are obligated to do by law. I promise to do the same. The insurance or warranty arguements will meld into the distance as they always do. I have never had an insurance claim denied because I didn't follow some obscure mfg. requirement. I have been involved in numerous claims involving millions of dollars. Roger, I again agree with you... when I am stumpted on an aircraft issue, I do not hesitate to give the mfg. a call.

Doug Hereford

As for BRS inspection, I am also in the what is required category. After pulling mine for repack and then putting it back IAW BRS document 020008-PM, I for sure would include the following:

1. ensure that the pick up collar cable is placed to the side of the rocket, not over the top.

2. check to ensure the canister attach to the aircraft parachute frame is secure.

3. check that the canister and rocket are aligned properly with the egress hole.

4. verify that the harness is attached to the airframe in correct locations.

5. make sure the proper number of harnesses are attached to the link mounted at the top of the canister and that the link is closed.

6. check that proper decals are in place.

7. check dates for repack and rocket motor replacement.

8. make sure the cable loop is inserted in the slot at end of rocket actuator and that the screw and lock washer holding it are secure.

There are probably more items to check but these are the obvious ones. It helps to have the documents "Instructions for Continued Airworthiness: BRS-1350 HS for Flight Design GmbH CTSW" (orLS) ; and "BRS Document Number 020008-PM" for reference.

Archived