New Student Pilot - Just saying hi!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I decided today that I will try to schedule a demo flight in a CTLS.. figured I should at least check it out before I plop down a deposit..

A new CTLSi Jubilee edition just became available today, it would be a great plane to put a deposit on, there are only 25 of these in the world, and it is still in production line so can be configured however you like. It is scheduled for delivery towards the end of the year so the timeline fits your schedule. Call me if you would like to discuss.

Sonoma Jet Center

Posted Yesterday, 09:28 AM

Here is an invoice with options for this Jubilee.

CTLSi 2013

Jubilee EditionDual Dynon 10 inch Skyview ; Garmin SL40 Com & Dynon Mode S; PM3000 Stereo Intercom w/IPOD jack; Oil & Coolant Thermostat system; 2 Bose ANR 20 headsets; 100 HP Rotax 912ULS FI engine; Stainless steel exhaust; 3 Blade Neuform propeller; Garmin 796 GPS-XM; 406 Mhz ELT w/remote panel Three axis trim system; Leather Seats; Cabin heater; Wheel pants & gear fairings; FD Night Flight package; Sliding air vents; Gull wing doors w/gas struts; BRS 1350 HS parachute system; LED strobes and position lights; Door locks; Parking brake; Fire extinguisher and CO Detector; 4 point pilot harnesses; 12V accessory plug; FD Prop cover & pilots briefcase; No bounce composite main landing gear;

Leather Seats, Light Brown S/N: F-13-07-01

Dynon SkyView Integrated 2-axis A/P (pitch & roll)

Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery (Light Weight)

Electric trim

LED Landing Light

Tundra Wheels & Wheel Fairings

Upgrade Dynon SV-ADSB-470

Garmin GNC255 NAV/COM

L Shaped Heated Pitot Tube, Rt. Wing Only

West Coast Shipping

US government Fees for security & processing

Registration for US N numbers

TOTAL: 172,313.00

Note it says at the top of the invoice CTLSi 2013 Jubilee edition, that means it started as a injected CTLS.

Erik - I just got your email. Sorry - crashed early and had ground today - flight was cancelled due to high winds.. Will email you back in a bit. Have a few questions :)

No problem, sorry you didn't get to fly, but so it goes in aviation. Also, now that you are joining the ranks of pilots, avoid using terms like "crashed".. :)

100 HP Rotax 912ULS FI engine

This is a 912ULS fuel injected engine.

All the 100 hp are 912 ULS engines. If it has an FI after it, it is fuel injected, if it doesn't then it has carbs.

The Flight Design limited edition Jubilee comes with the 912ULS FI (fuel injected) engine.

HI Doug - I never questioned it to be honest. In fact, never thought about it to be honest. Since all the posts though, I went over to the FD website myself and read the Jubilee - definitely FI motor. So all good there.. I guess nobody went out flying today - we're all on here :)

FD and other MFG's don't always use the same terminology as other Mfg's and other times they make typos and still more times there are misinterpretations from German to English. It happens in the Rotax maint. manuals and SB's at times from Austrian to English.

The invoice above is a good example of someones attempt to list the 912is as a 912ULS FI. Same engine just different terminology from someone at FD. Just a slip.

FD doesn't call the plane a CTLSis so they played with that term too. When dealing with overseas Mfg's some interpretation is helpful at times.

This Mfg interpretation hopefully won't be worth 4 pages of post.

p.s.

I have been invited to attend a special 912is class in the Bahamas (the wife's making take her too) in Sept. Hopefully when I get back I'll be better informed to help with specific deep dark secret :ph34r: type engine questions.

I'm not looking forward to spending the $500 for a level 2 dongle. If you're really going to work on this engine you will need one.

Hi Emini,

Be careful about saying Hi to these guys. We may not have enough server room. :P:lol: :lol:

Thanks Emini, FYI CTLSi used to go by gbigs you can look through the Forum to find his conversations.

I will tell you that I am a relative rookie having had my Sport license for about 1.5 years ( learned in a Skycatcher), got my LSRM-A last September, and have owned my 2010 CTLS for about a year.

I ask a lot of questions and there are a lot of folks here with tons of experience. They don't always agree, but there is a ton of info even in the disagreements. Most of them are willing to help out via PM or a phone call if you need more help or detail.

FD and other MFG's don't always use the same terminology as other Mfg's and other times they make typos and still more times there are misinterpretations from German to English. It happens in the Rotax maint. manuals and SB's at times from Austrian to English.

The invoice above is a good example of someones attempt to list the 912is as a 912ULS FI. Same engine just different terminology from someone at FD. Just a slip.

FD doesn't call the plane a CTLSis so they played with that term too. When dealing with overseas Mfg's some interpretation is helpful at times.

This Mfg interpretation hopefully won't be worth 4 pages of post.

p.s.

I have been invited to attend a special 912is class in the Bahamas (the wife's making take her too) in Sept. Hopefully when I get back I'll be better informed to help with specific deep dark secret :ph34r: type engine questions.

I'm not looking forward to spending the $500 for a level 2 dongle. If you're really going to work on this engine you will need one.

Hi Emini,

Be careful about saying Hi to these guys. We may not have enough server room. :P:lol: :lol:

Thats awesome - made me laugh :) I'll be more careful in the future

Archived