New Rotax fuel pump SB-912-063

Safety Officer

New Fuel Pump with a FREE BONUS!

We have been trying trying to chase down a fuel system gremlin since about June, initially thinking it was particles in the carb bowls, deteriorating floats, etc. Then we realized the engine surge was happening at higher altitudes, say 8,000 or above, when the cooler air lets me feed in full throttle for the last part of the climb (high oil temps being the limiting factor). This is when the pump is taxed the most: thin air and full throttle. Anyway, the problem was a bad pump and it looked much like Mike's picture above when we took it apart. The pop rivet holding the bypass valve had popped loose and the whole mess was rattling around inside the pump. Now, here is the bonus. The compromised pump was likely causing the bird to run too lean and thus hot. On the way home with the new pump, both my chts and oil temps were about 10 degrees cooler! Thus encouraged, I am about to book a room for Page! WF

As of this moment no one has any pumps in the US, but they are on order and should be in within the next few weeks. Rotax has a special promotion going right now. Normally a fuel pump cost $167 (no hoses), but right now if you use that special pump number that CPS published on another thread you can buy one for $98 if you send in your old AC pump after you receive the new one. You'll pay regular price up front, but when they get your old pump back you'll be reimbursed. It's an exchange program. This is Rotax's way to get all the old AC pumps off the market and totally out of circulation so some mechanic will never use it again and get people to change their old pumps during the hose change. You can not use the standard fuel pump part number from the parts manual. During this promotion it has a special part number assigned.

There will be a run on these pumps and the distributors are not ordering enough of them and I know Kodiak in Nassau has a bunch. If you want one then order it now because there is a line forming.

Hi Ed,

Do you have a new fuel pump or change it out with the hose debris issue? My concern for you would have been you had so much debris from you hose issue and I know you got it taken care of, but the fuel pump has a screen inside and I would worry that it may have a ton of debris inside your pump.

To this day I have never seen or heard of anyone with that much debris from the pictures you posted.

p.s.

Both old and new pumps have screens inside them.

Archived