extra ignition keys for CTSW

Old post I did: Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:47 PM

I looked at my spare keys and the ILCO YH27 is correct for the door but the ignition was a Taylor X94 blank. Rare but can be found on EBAY. I also had to chamfer down the edge of the Taylor key on both sides so it's width is tapered like the unobtainable Kraus&Naimer blank.

Found them on ebay

• 2 years later...

I purchased some key blanks for both the ignition and doors for the CTSW. It was just about as cheap to order extra as it was to just get what I needed so I have leftovers. I have the following key blanks:

Ignition: Ford SR3 - 8 ea.

Door: Yamaha YH27 - 7 ea.

You will still have to take somewhere and have these cut to match your key(s).

Just send me a PM with an address and how many of each you want and I will drop an envelope into the mail on a first come/first served basis. It is not worth the hassle of payment, so no charge.

Update - I have no more spare keys.

FYI, there are a number of manufacturers producing the same key for the ignition using the same or different part numbers. I found this interchange list on the web.

ILCO - SR3

Dominion - SR3

Taylor - F79E

Curtis - UN24

Silca - STR1

OEM - Strebor

Hopefully this list will remove some of the confusion about which key is the correct one.

Note that my original key was a K&N 101. This key is apparently commonly used on electrical switchgear, so you may be able to locate a key with a distributer for that equipment.

• 1 month later...

I purchased some key blanks for both the ignition and doors for the CTSW. It was just about as cheap to order extra as it was to just get what I needed so I have leftovers. I have the following key blanks:

Ignition: Ford SR3 - 8 ea.

Door: Yamaha YH27 - 7 ea.

You will still have to take somewhere and have these cut to match your key(s).

Just send me a PM with an address and how many of each you want and I will drop an envelope into the mail on a first come/first served basis. It is not worth the hassle of payment, so no charge.

Do you still have any of the keys?  I just bought a ctsw and need some spare keys. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...