WTB ctls

Beck

Beck

Try giving John Hurst a call at Sebring Aviation (KSEL) ... he specializes in used light sport plane sales including CTLS (863-414-0254)

SteveZ

John Hurst and Sebring Aviation are no longer affiliated with Flight Design. That's not to say he doesn't have or know of one avail. I believe the OP is a broker/dealer FWIW.

EDIT John Hurst and Sebring Aviation are still in fact a FD service center and do have some a/c available. They also, of course, are one of the Rotax experts for service, parts and excellent Owner-maintenance courses. My apologies for the error

I have one just under 400 hours since February 2009. It has some flight training use, but I wouldn't call it a trainer. I had it at Oshkosh last year in the Light Sport Mall and people were surprised to find out it wasn't a new airplane. $108,000. with fresh condition inspection and 5 year rubber replacement done, or $105,000. without the rubber done. Tom

I have one just under 400 hours since February 2009. It has some flight training use, but I wouldn't call it a trainer. I had it at Oshkosh last year in the Light Sport Mall and people were surprised to find out it wasn't a new airplane. $108,000. with fresh condition inspection and 5 year rubber replacement done, or $105,000. without the rubber done. Tom

Tom, tried to PM you but your box is not accepting any messages.

• 2 weeks later...

John Hurst and Sebring Aviation are no longer affiliated with Flight Design. That's not to say he doesn't have or know of one avail. I believe the OP is a broker/dealer FWIW.

Actually we have one of the largest Service Centers for Flight Design in house, and still work with Flight Design quite a bit. We have one CTLS in stock for $95,000.00, and plan to be receiving another shortly. We do whatever we can to support Flight Design, and there dealer / distributor network. We also keep a good stock of Flight Design parts.

If you have any questions, feel free to write or call. Office 863-655-2242, Cell 863-414-0254 john@sebring-aviation.com

John Hurst

Sebring Aviation

John, thanks for the correction. I apologize for my mis-understanding of your relationship with FD. I'm extremely happy that you're still involved with FD as I have always admired your operation and it's professional demeanor and of course, your Rotax expertise. Once you've seen my reply here, I'll see if I can remove my earlier post so as not to deny you any business, or cause any confusion.

John is a great resource. I had an autopilot issue on my 2011 ctls and after weeks of trying different things, John flew up to take a look. He discovered I had a small magnetized piece of metal used as a counter weight in the aileron or flap. Degaussed and all was great! Thanks John!

John is a great resource. I had an autopilot issue on my 2011 ctls and after weeks of trying different things, John flew up to take a look. He discovered I had a small magnetized piece of metal used as a counter weight in the aileron or flap. Degaussed and all was great! Thanks John!

Wow, impressive! Thanks for sharing. What was degaussed, the compass or the weight? thx

They removed the aileron/flap and degaussed that which contained the magnetized piece. It was assumed somewhere in Europe someone picked up the steel that the piece was cut from with a magnet. Behavior was AP would work great and then all of a sudden would just enter into a circle....

Archived