Anyone Guess What Caused This?

Runtoeat

Flows are done by memory . . . checklists are "read and do."

Flows are done by memory, but if one actually looks at and touches the instrument or switch and always follows a physical path every time, it also uses muscle memory and habit.

Not to say one can't get interrupted in a flow, of course it's possible.

Speaking of Hood.... Sgt. Coffey, E Co, 4th Main Support Batallion, 2nd Armored Division "Hell On Wheels" Fort Hood, TX (circa 1982-1986)... Where's the photos guys? Thanks to all for your service! (This photo from about 1985, I made Sgt 1/1/1986).

post-124-0-94248800-1374636089_thumb.jpg

Don't talk to me about the 50 lbs lighter!

There was something very unique and very impressive about the sound of a Cobra on a gun run. You never forget. The deepening 'whop whop' as it pulled some cyclic and the sound of tearing canvass of the chain gun.

To this day, I can tell a 'Hook by sound and while one almost never sees a Huey anymore, I bet I could ID it, too.

Well, I was never in the bad stuff so I don't have any nightmares but the memories are indelible, anyway.

Jim, only 4 carrier landings followed, thankfully, by 4 cat shots.

Adam, 40years of flying and I was never one to keep track of flying hours.

This picture was taken when I was head of the Navy's flight instructor school. Lucky for me the Chief of Naval Air training let me fly A-4's so I could grasp the dynamics of teaching his jet pilots how to be good instructors too. It was all fun. The most fun you can have flying as I remember it.

Wouldn't you know it. The question was posted!

Anyway, the choke knob (enricher circuit) on my Sting S4 is spring loaded. I don't know if this is type specific or now included on the newer Rotax engines (2012 +) with the starting carb. After pulling the knob out for cold engine starts, the knob retracts automatically to the closed position. It's a great idea and one less item to think about.

Rich

Archived