Dynon acquires AOA tech

CT4ME

AOA is also on the D100 in my '06 SW. Wouldn't it be great if it were on a heads up display. (Not even a need to peek inside on final)

I agree 100% on benefit of AOA on HUD and would pay some money for it. From what I see in recent tech announcements, we're going to see more HUD for iPad based equipment in the next couple of years. I hope that's the case.

The next thing we need is easier, faster and accurate data entry. Maybe they'll get voice figured out - I don't know. Automobiles and cell phones may lead the way there.

It sounds like exciting times ahead.

Bobby,

I think I've said it before, but...

...NICE LANDING!!!

That exemplifies what I mean when I talk about having the stick all the way back as a goal. Love it!

hi Mr Eddie,

you did, big THANKS !!

call me when got change to fly here ok.

Does the AOA that comes with the Dynon system have an audible alert?

AOA's that i have seen are mounted on the glareshield within the pilots field of view. Seems kinda gimmicky putting it in the display as small as it is and in such a location.

The Dynon D100 AOA has an audible alert. I turned mine on today. It's in the AOAALRM menu. You can set the color and zone of the AOA for it to come on and you can set the airspeed below which it will not sound unless it is coming down from an activation. I'm tweaking mine. I assume the SkyView is similar.

I believe you can set it (at least on Skyview) to start making the sound when it is in the yellow...so you should hear it fairly often on landing unless your landings look more like carrier landings. :) The output is adjustable in the settings menu.

You can set the alarm to come on at low yellow, mid yellow, high yellow and red. Start with high yellow or red or you'll be hearing it all the time. Go up to altitude and do some approaches to stalls at various flap settings and throttle settings. Helps to have a helper along to change settings so you can try out various settings.

Archived