Looking for bikes that fit in the back of a CTSW

Jim

What you really 'need' is a Yike Bike: http://www.yikebike.com/ :D

Seriously, what is the mission (other than fitting in the CT)? There are close-to-full-size folding bikes that can be used for a weekend of decent cycling (http://www.montagueb...m/folding-bike/) to more compact versions like the citizen you referenced which is more suited for short rides. Dahon offers a full line of high-quality folding bikes. If you're only going a handful of miles, then 16" wheels would work fine. Going farther, I'd go with 20" or larger.

I'm a fairly avid cyclist but have only test driven a handful of folding bikes and do not own any. Was going to buy one for my Sting but haven't got around to it since I have to choose between a pax or a bike.

The mission is going to and from an airport to the nearest town. Probably 2 miles at the most. I've been looking at the Dahon bikes, lots of used ones on Craigslist. Just trying to find out which ones fit without buying one first.

I would be very interested in what you find out Jim. I had the same question as you, but gave up after conducting searches like "smallest folding bike" on Google and realizing that small was not small enough. I do not know the difference in the configuration between the SW and LS (I have the LS), but the problem will be getting much of anything into the baggage area due to the location of the BRS. My wife had a small roller bag (which had to be smaller than the size of any folding bike) that she could not get on the plane because it was inflexible - it can go through the baggage door, but it soon hits on the BRS cover and just can't go any further. Sure, it would fit in the space, you just couldn't get it in there. Taking out a seat and trying to get it in from the front didn't work either. That's why you need duffels (or similar) for luggage.

• 6 years later...

Archived