My Dynon needs an update!

FlyingMonkey

There is no compliance issues for the D100 or D120 for older CT's. It's easy to do. Just give me a call because it's too long to type. You will need a lap top and a USB to 9 pin connection wire which came with all CT's or pick one up at Radio Shack.

Well hmm. I did as directed Roger, and it made the connection and read the version (3.xx...ugh!) fine, but while backing up my original config I was getting lots of "error...retrying" messages, and finally the backup timed out with an error 2721 (I think) and the message "could not read from instrument".

I didn't want to try putting the new firmware in if it was having trouble, lest I turn it to a brick. Seems like maybe a bad cable. The USB to serial I used was brand new, I wonder about the cable on the back of the D100...

I guess I need to ask Dynon support.

Andy,

Absolutely make sure your laptop doesn't loose power and keep it plugged in and turn on the planes main power to power the Dynon you are updating. Do not rely on the D100 battery back up power. It could fail and you may cause a problem. The one thing this morning I forgot to tell you was shut off ( trip the breakers) on all the other instruments so they are not on. Trip the GPS and AP circuit breakers if you have them to make sure they are powered down. Don't worry about things like the radio or other gauges. Your old software may have some bugs.

Try again with everything else shut down.

Archived