Reason #634 Why I Love My Wife

FlyingMonkey

Mine only asks (really, she doesn't ask) for another sewing machine. These are not the $199 Singers they used to be happy with. Then, even after the mind boggling price, there are the thousands for accessories and of course, the software that is required.

Really I can't gripe. She has never complained over the years and she would have to spend a lot more to equal my airplane expenses over the years.

that wide angle view is fine if you want to look at your legs. compromise the angle a bit and show the scenery closer up?

Smartass. ;) When my wife is in the cockpit I don't mind looking at her legs, but point taken.

I tested all three 1080p view modes. The pic is from the camera mode, which seems to have a wider view than the widest 1080p mode. The widest 1080p mode gets cut off about where my knees are in the pic. The medium gets from the bottom of the EFIS up and about a third of the side windows. The narrow view gets the top half of the EFIS and the entire windshield but no side windows. I'll have to play with different modes in different situations to see what works best.

Is anybody using the GoPro suction cup mount to the exterior of the airplane? Is it secure enough to use without worry?

I purchased the nfligthcam contraption for the iphone. This video is shot with my iphone. You'll see that their prop filter works very well. (I am curently waiting for delivery of a non-wide angle lense replacement because I couldn't get rid of the vignetting no matter what i tried.) They make a prop filter for the GoPro as well.

Please excuse the poor flying.

I purchased the nfligthcam contraption for the iphone. This video is shot with my iphone. You'll see that their prop filter works very well. (I am curently waiting for delivery of a non-wide angle lense replacement because I couldn't get rid of the vignetting no matter what i tried.) They make a prop filter for the GoPro as well.

Just looked. $80 for the GoPro filters. Yikes! That's over 25% the cost of the camera, more if you have the white or silver edition. Not sure I'm ready to drop that much yet.

Archived