If you could change One thing about you CT

coppercity

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

20 x 14 cm each are the access behind the seats

16 x 18 cm each are the outside luguage doors

something is wrong here. maybe inches!? I don't have right know access to the plane, but surely the openings are much bigger...

alec

What would I fix?

1. Better harmony between pitch and roll stick forces (springs).

2. Either fix R/L fuel flow imbalance or add fuel selector valve.

3. Better oil cooling (seems to be airframe dependent)

4. Eliminate stick bump.

5. Bigger standard tires.

Some love for the things we really like:

Useful load for our particular airframe is good at 605lb.

Speed and climb performance are pretty much all that LSA regs will allow.

Visibility is quite good for a high wing.

Stuff I'd love to change but LSA rules won't allow:

In-flight adjustable pitch prop

-12 flaps (legally)

Uneven fuel flow is very common in high wing airplanes and is easy to manage in the CT. You just have fly with a liitle Out of coordination for a few minutes every hour. I have done 5-6hr flights in the SW and LS and its really no big deal. It's even easier with an autopilot, it does the work for you after you set the rudder trim out of coordination.

I would like most to have the wheel pants have a step on top of them for easier entry.

Larry Minch (Flying Bozo)

If that's an issue, you could take the wheel pants off. There is an LOA for the fleet. The difference in performance is negligable, it just won't look as nice.

Change the location of the lap belt anchors to make the belt keep you "down" in the seat. This ties in with the belts sliding off the sholders. (Kept pulling the shoulder belts tight and ended up with the lap belt around my chest.)

• 2 weeks later...

Evening All: There are two things I really would like to see: first would be an easy way to vary the throttle friction, I find the high breakout tension frequently makes landings more difficult. Second I would like a fuel injection system--smoother running, bit more economy, few more horses, really would be nice. However, jumping back into the real world, I really like the CT as it is. See ya, Ken Nolde N840KN 400 hurs

Hi Ken,

Rotax has been working ion a hybrid fuel inject ion system for a couple of years. Part mechanical and part electronic. I thought it should have been out by now maybe this year.

Roger....I saw this recently and understand that it has been fitted to quite a few Rotax 912 engines (experimental). Have not seen any reports on it's performance.

http://www.rotectbi.com/models.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I know this is an old thread...but I gotta add a "wish":

Inertial shoulder harness. Keep the manual lap system, but the inertial reel for the shoulders would make it much easier-ends the shoulders straps sliding off.

I know the old "weight and cost" issue comes into play. But I would gladly give up a pound useful to have this. I spoke with Aero-Tuff out of Alabama about this and they already make systems for Vans and something called a Valor-22.

• 1 month later...

I have pined for a mixture control before, but just became aware of a HACman mixture control for the 912ULS, which sells for about $170. I wonder if anyone here knows anything about that. They claim to save 0.7gph in cruise. Of course, this is LOA or ELSA stuff. Just curious. WF

Archived