Will a 6 foot 7 inch guy fit in a CTSW?

Acensor

I'm 6'3" and 300 hours on a CTSW 2007: to make it short, I have selected CT because it was one of the rare plane where I fit well inside for long flight. Seat position= #3 hole. I have also replaced the strap since they had tendency to slip days after days.

I have the opposite question. Took my young son flying yesterday. He couldn't see over dash. Anyone ever use a portable cushion they could recommend? Online I've seen the Oregon Aero offerings (which seem a little pricey) and one by Aero Phoenix (marv golden website).

I have the opposite question. Took my young son flying yesterday. He couldn't see over dash. Anyone ever use a portable cushion they could recommend? Online I've seen the Oregon Aero offerings (which seem a little pricey) and one by Aero Phoenix (marv golden website).

There ARE fancy costly seat adapters that increase height AND move the person closer to the pedals... But, especially if you just need height, I'd say just go to Walmart or May company or equivalent cheap box store and in the household department hunt around for one, two, or even three upholstered foam cushions intended to go on dining room chairs or whatever.

I like a bit more height than our LSA seat gives and use two I got, I think, from Walmart or Fred Myers (believe it's just a west coast chain.) they cost less than $10 each and are way more comfortable than the expensive one we have from the aviation supplier.

Alex

I have two seat cushions from Oregon Aero. One is 2" and one is 1". I can't use the 2" as it places my head too close to the spar box. They are definitely proud of them but are excellent quality.

I also added some Oregon Aero foam to the left seat and that is good except for flights over 3 hours.

don't know the difference between the two.....Roger or Tom would anser better.

I'm not tall....5'8'' so, the tall seat would do or me

but which one has the 2006 SW you're looking at ? seat covers colors.

The photos I have of the cockpit didn't concentrate on the seats so it's not quite as clear as I'd like, but I'm 99% sure its got black high back seats. They MIGHT even be leather. Can't tell in the photo. Should know this weekend. What color are your short seats.

The seats are mounted on tracks with 5 holes, and the pins go through the holes. The tracks lower the seat as it goes back, and raises it when it is forward. The rear of the seat is supported with a strap that needs to be adjusted when the seat move fore and aft. When you go beyond the third hole you have problems with the high seat back hitting the rear bulkhead. If you let the seat back rest on the bulkhead you will break the seat. IIRC the low back seat can move just a little farther back.

Thanks! All most useful info! The holes function likely would've been obvious... but less obvious that using the two back holes is risky. Alex

Up at the very top of this page on the right should be the screen name you're signed in as.

Look two icons to the left and you'll see a little envelope. Click on that - it should work.

Or if you click on your name up there, a drop-down panel should appear, with "Personal Messenger" as an option. I think that works as well.

Archived