8th. Annual page, AZ Fly-In

Roger Lee

azleejay,

'Been busy buying new place (7 min to KDVT!) and fixing/selling old place... 'haven't been doing much flying in the last month.  Torn rotator cuff in shoulder, too.  SO looking forward to a few perfect days in the air.

Torn rotator cuff?  Not good!  I had four operations last year (two on each side) and after 14 months have got about 80% of my golf swing back.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you not end up making it out there Andy?

Sure looks like a good time.. maybe next year!

Sadly, no.  My mom had surgery yesterday, so I needed to be here for that and to be around while she is in the hospital for the next week or so.

Definitely planning for next year.

What a good son! Hope she's getting the good meds!

Maybe next year we can coordinate a trip out together - though I have to stop every 200 to 250 nm and only cruise about 97k.

In any case, its about a 3 day trip with at least a day extra as "cushion".

In case if you wonder...

8th annual Page fly in was the best trip we had in ages.

You can see from the pictures we have taken from this trip.

I have recorded more than 20 hours of flight time.

Thanks Roger & Lynn Lee!  We will be back for sure.

P.S.  sorry to bail out on you Roger...I was supposed to be the bomb catcher...

But, POTUS TFR & weather got on the way from us staying on more day.

YOUTUBE VIDEOS

1. KIGQ TO KPGA

2. KPGA TO KBCD

3. KPGA TO KIGQ

post-1061-0-25932700-1413796329_thumb.jpgpost-1061-0-99059300-1413796397_thumb.jpgpost-1061-0-47255200-1413796421_thumb.jpg

post-1061-0-94458800-1413796500_thumb.jpgpost-1061-0-52553100-1413796514_thumb.jpgpost-1061-0-36533300-1413796545_thumb.jpg

post-1061-0-30476100-1413796573_thumb.jpg

What a great trip, so many awesome sights and new friends.

Thanks to all the leaders, especially Roger! I won't mention any other for fear of leaving someone out.

The flight leaders deserve a special mention, they did a great job and it was much appreciated.

We are still sorting through the more than a 1000 images, hopefully there will be a few good ones ;)

Cheers until next year.

Lee & Chris

What a great trip, so many awesome sights and new friends.

Thanks to all the leaders, especially Roger! I won't mention any other for fear of leaving someone out.

The flight leaders deserve a special mention, they did a great job and it was much appreciated.

We are still sorting through the more than a 1000 images, hopefully there will be a few good ones ;)

Cheers until next year.

Lee & Chris

It was pleasure meeting you both and hope we can see each other sooner than later!

Hope your RV7A project will be successful! Glad you guys made back safely!

As an eastern "flat lander", I am absolutely blown away by the scenery of the Page Flyin. It's almost like another world.  Thanks to all for sharing.

Question for CT4ME: I've taken hundreds of hours worth of flying footage, using GoPro Hero 3 Silver, and never achieved the quality of your Page to Bullfrog video. I use to think my were good.  After looking at yours I think mine border on stink!!

All of my video's are shot in the cockpits of three different planes. Two of the aircraft have tinted windows and the other plane, a Piper Sport, has a clear bubble. None and I mean none of the video's are near the quality as yours.

Willing to share your success?

Thanks,

Tunny

Archived