CTLSi power setting table & RPM

Jnowak

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:excl:  :excl:  :excl:  :excl:  :excl: 

OK CTFliers...  This is getting embarrassing!  I cringe at what a new CT owner or new visitor might think if they read some of this childish crap... or is it old geezer crap?  We admins spend a considerable amount of time trying to make this a good place to exchange information about CTs, Rotax engines and light sport flying in general.  And to think, when someone finally comes for a visit,  THIS bickering is what they are going to see.

It's simple:   We can discuss a wide variety of Flying/CT/LSA/Rotax/Avionics/maintenance topics here.  But posts that turn to comments about posters will be deleted.  Egregious violators will be banned for a week.   Discussions with differing opinions are welcomed and encouraged, but keep to the topic and the topic never turns to snarky attacks on posters.  A polite "I disagree, and here's why..." will do.

If you feel some incorrect information has been posted, how about structuring a good post explaining your point-of-view, rather than a worthless "here we go again" post?   I know it's harder, but sometimes I wonder if the snarky responders have the ability to create a well-worded counter-argument.

And we don't attack anyone's aircraft because it's not a CT, the latest CT, or does/doesn't have the latest techno-gadgetry.  Period.  You can discuss the merits of new technology without slamming the old technology.  And you can argue for old technology without name calling and slamming those who embrace new tech.  

Is this "censorship"?.   NO.  It's hearding cats.  This is a place to get news, share experiences and ask questions.  Mostly about Flight Design aircraft and Light Sport Flying.  We've got a fairly narrow focus, and that focus does not have room for posts that degrade the quality of information.  I suggest that those who want to test their limits of Freedom of Speech find a different spot to do that.  The "spin zone" over at Pilots of America is a great place to do that.  When you grow tired of the hyperbole, we're pretty sure you'll come back here for the CTFlier content.  

If you feel the need to comment on a poster, us the PM system.  If you don't like what a person has to say, come up with a well-worded analytical response.  Or there's always the "Ignore" feature.

The Admins.

If you feel the need to comment on a poster, us the PM system. If you don't like what a person has to say, come up with a well-worded analytical response. Or there's always the "Ignore" feature.

The Admins.

Can we use the report button to bring your attention to a post? I am going to report my own post here to see if it works right. Failing that, I'll report yours :P

Also, thank you. Asking people to be polite, I do not believe, is censorship :). That's all I've really wanted.

Yes, the reports come through.  On our control panel and via email.  We're hoping people don't get crazy, as we don't want to feel like 2nd Grade teachers, policing the class.  The Admins have regular logins, and seldom login using our Admin accounts.  Mostly because we don't want to feel special.  Or make any of our posts seem more important than anyone else's.

BTW... the file upload problem has been remedied.  They bumped our capacity by double.  With that being said, I'd like to remind CTFliers that it's better if you link to a picture (via url) than actually upload it to the forum.  It's a space thing.  Links don't take up space.  Our eventual choice will be to purge old stuff, or pay for more space.  Purging old stuff doesn't make sense, as some of the old stuff contains the best reference material.

And thanks for everyone's participation - it's the combined knowledge and thoughtful discussions that make a place like this work.

I doubt it will. Granted, if you get someone that is slamming the report button a lot, you can always ask them to calm it down too.

By the way, if you guys get tired of IP board's hosting service (invisionpower), I can issue you guys an account at my hosting provider. I already use it to host a few sites of my own, and this place is pretty small, so i can easily accommodate.

With that being said, I'd like to remind CTFliers that it's better if you link to a picture (via url) than actually upload it to the forum.

That has not been working for me, the only reason I've been uploading images to the forum.

Let me try it with a random Flickr photo:

Well, its the link below, and I can't even post it because it says "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community" in red.

It won't even work between "url tags". Both links show as blue and then I can't post due to the warning. It's just a normal link to a Flickr photo, same as I use on other forums and used to use here.

I can upload screenshots if it helps you troubleshoot. MacBook Pro running Safari under Mavericks.

It started doing that a few months ago - again its the only reason I uploaded images to the forum - I actually prefer the other way.

That has not been working for me, the only reason I've been uploading images to the forum.

Let me try it with a random Flickr photo:

Well, its the link below, and I can't even post it because it says "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community" in red.

It won't even work between "url tags". Both links show as blue and then I can't post due to the warning. It's just a normal link to a Flickr photo, same as I use on other forums and used to use here.

I can upload screenshots if it helps you troubleshoot. MacBook Pro running Safari under Mavericks.

It started doing that a few months ago - again its the only reason I uploaded images to the forum - I actually prefer the other way.

They system is expecting a jpg or a gif or a png or similar.  I bet you are giving it a url that is a script and will produce a photo.  Paste the URL you are using and I'll see if I can find a url for the image.

Here is an example of a link to show that it works:  95connell.jpg

OK, its on my end.

My routine had always been to bring up the image in Flickr, right-click it and select the option "Copy Image Address".

That's what I would paste between "img" tags. That suddenly stopped working a few months ago.

What worked above was to "Copy Image Address", then paste that into the address bar, then copy that.

Maybe something wonky with Flickr.

Oh, and that's Charles Darwin in a Fokker Triplane circling my desk!

CT is right... flikr doesn't use a "real" link... but something that their system understands.

FWIW, it looks like there is now an extra step needed to "embed" youtube videos, so they appear as a video, instead of a link.  It's simple, just click on the underlined link that is created, and then click the un-link button.  The system will then properly embed the video

CT is right... flikr doesn't use a "real" link... but something that their system understands.

It still works on other sites, and used to work here.

Suddenly the same links that used to work, and still work elsewhere, showed blue here and would not show properly.

As long as I have a workaround, I'll try not to upload images to the site.

It's a file whitelist. It is done because of security reasons. Back in the day, people would find ways of getting around forum security and link or embed files with malicious payloads. While whitelists seem bruteforcish, they work.

Admin needs to check the whitelist and add the appropriate extensions.

Admin needs to check the whitelist and add the appropriate extensions.

As far as I can tell, it's because there is no extension, at all.  'Not sure if opening it up to no extensions would be a good thing, but will check with Invision.

As far as I can tell, it's because there is no extension, at all.  'Not sure if opening it up to no extensions would be a good thing, but will check with Invision.

You can also blacklist, but you need to make sure you cover any files that browsers interpret, such as .js, html, htm, php, php3, etc.

Well, it does end in ".jpg". That's an extension, right?

The forum has to see it. Flickr uses URL rewriting to access the photo ID, which is far more effective than a bunch of photo names. That being said, the forum won't approve the image unless it has the proper extension, as a way to prevent a browser from inadvertently executing code.

OK...

Here's a screenshot of what happens when I right-click the image I want in Flickr and select "Copy Image Address" and paste it between "img" tags here (click to enlarge):

12599162005_47c44cac12_c.jpg

What I have to do is paste it into the address bar first, then copy that. Makes no sense because what I just pasted from the clipboard should be exactly what I tried to paste into the post.

Anyway, this is what I copied from to successfully post:

12599585644_5b6d21289c_z.jpg

Again, I don't know why a copied link should be modified just by going through the address bar.

Again, I'm on a half dozen other sites and none require this extra step.

Weird.

I am breaking my recent rule to only respond once per week, but I wanted to say that using "ignore" does little when everyone reposts the offending post. And lately nearly every thread ends up reaction to these posts. Please don't respond. It degrades the usefulness the forum.

Eddie,

i just tested it with a random flickr photo and it worked. I guess now we need to examine what you might be doing.

Here's my test photo:

12539607225_2d40e35f51.jpg

Here's the code:

[img]https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7448/12539607225_2d40e35f51.jpg[/img]
Try to post that code.

Also, why not use the image button in the editor? Or, by chance, do you have the raw editor enabled?

Well, since I have a workaround (copy the link, paste it to the address bar, then copy that and paste it to the site) no reason to spend a lot of time on it.

But it is behavior no other site I visit exhibits - on them I just right-click to copy the link and paste it between "img" tags and viola! My image appears.

Well, since I have a workaround (copy the link, paste it to the address bar, then copy that and paste it to the site) no reason to spend a lot of time on it.

But it is behavior no other site I visit exhibits - on them I just right-click to copy the link and paste it between "img" tags and viola! My image appears.

Ohhhhh, you mean the auto-embed? I do not know if IP Board has that feature, and if it does, admin needs to turn it on.

Archived