Marc Ingegno Brake Parts

CT_MATT

Except for the brake lines everything gets replaced. The master cylinder (twice the pressure and volume), the standard straight wheel bearings to tapered roller bearings (serviceable), a solid machined wheel (that won't flex with changing wire pressures)(due to the inner lip design of the Matco better tire adhesion to stop a low pressure tire from spinning on the wheel yanking the stem out), floating calipers vs solid calipers (no springs pushing the pads away from the disc), solid disc mount vs floating disc (disc that won't stick on 4 screws like a Marc), Pads that don't fade under heat when you need the braking.

FD went with Matco front wheels to. If you allow low tire in the Marc front wheel and due to its design the tire on that front wheel will spin and put the tube stem on landing or during taxi. I have seen this well over a 15-20 times. The Marc wheel doesn't have the same metal to rubber contact surface as the Matco due to its design.

Is the Matco and upgrade from a Marc? Absolutely and that's why FD went to all Matco not to mention parts when needed are less expensive.

1 hour ago, BravoFoxtrot said:

FYI, just heard back from 1MotoShop and they do not have the Goldfren 905AD brake pads or Goldfren 400-520 rotors in stock and no plans in the near future to stock those items.

Goldfren has them direct from Czeck Republic. Like €93 for a pair, that includes shipping 

A tip for installing new tires on Matco wheels.  After using clamps to squeeze the tube and tire and bolting up the rim, I take off the clamps and then run my fingers around inside where the rim halves come together, between the wheel and tube to verify that the tube is not pinched between the rim halves.  Not a lot of room inside to get fingers into but good insurance that the tube has not been pinched. 

Question:  On the front Matco wheel, where do you usually apply wheel weights?  There isn't a good rim lip to put the weights on like there is for the main wheels.  I have been putting them inside the wheel.  Not very easy to get them inside but they never fall off

• 4 months later...

https://www.1motoshop.com/products/goldfren-aircraft-brake-pads-905ad?variant=20537595035766

Hello everyone, first time here.  I have been a lurker and owner of an ‘07 CTSW for the last roughly year and a half.  Absolutely love this plane.  Came from a Cessna 182P.  While the Cessna was a great machine, I am not that important and used it mainly for fun instead of the long XC’s it was designed to knock out.  Became too expensive coupled with the sluggish and heavy handling and it was sucking the fun out of flying.  Now I can fly anywhere and anytime without any regards to fuel burn or cost.  Much more nimble and modern.  Love the Dynon and autopilot, chute, and sleek design.  

I know, I’m preaching to the choir....

I included a link above on the 905 pads.  Seem like their only $45 a set.  I had to change a tire the other day and noticed my pads were getting thin.  I thought it might be a good idea to have a set on hand when needed.  

Will these fit fit my plane?  Again, it is an 07 CTSW with stock brakes.  

Your response is appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob 

Hi Bob,

I'm going to say II'm not sure the pads will fit. Look at the drawing again and the circles usually indicate rivets. Could they possibly fit? The only way to find out is to order some. The Marc brakes are Italian with no rivets. The pads are glued onto the metal plate and that's why they can be worn down to 1mm which is about the thickness of a dime and using a dime to measure makes life easy.

Where did you get the info these may fit? Marc brakes are on Tecnam's and the part number you have does fit those..

marc-ingegno pads.jpg

• 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I got a bunch too.  I ordered extra pads and rotors and had to buy in quantity to get a deal.  One motor shop was forever out of stock.  So, I ponied up and ordered about 20 sets of rotors and pads.  I’m keeping some so I’ll never have to worry about running out.  The rest I will sell off on eBay and hopefully make a couple of bucks after shipping, VAT taxes, and selling fees.  At least they don’t expire, so ten years from now I’ll probably still have them for sale.  Maybe they’ll go up in value....

Bob