Oshkosh Plans

FlyingMonkey

Barring the unforeseen, I'm flying to Oshkosh on Saturday morning.  Craig from this board will by my co-pilot.  We're also traveling up with a Vari-EZ and a Waiex (Y-tail Sonex), so we will be the slowpoke in that group...especially with two people and lots of fuel.  They like to cruise at their "economy" setting of 140mph, I'm hoping we can come close to that at altitude so we don't slow them down.

Our planned route of flight is:

* Fuel stop at French Lick, Indiana (FRH) 

* Overnight at Poplar Grove, Illinois (C77)

* Fly into Oshkosh as soon as possible on Sunday morning.

We're hoping this flight plan gets us in early enough Sunday that we miss a lot of the air traffic and convective bumpy weather.  If we get to C77 and weather looks bad for Sunday we'll have the option of continuing on to Oshkosh Saturday afternoon or waiting out the weather.

If any of this flight plan matches up favorably with anybody else's plans, or if you'd like to meet up at some point while at Oshkosh, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my mobile number so we can hook up!

I'm flying a CTLS in to be at the booth on Sat or Sun. Kind of concerned that the Notam says transponders 'off' within 30 miles of KOSH. I guess it keeps our heads out the window more, and probably keeps ATC's radar a little clearer. See you at the FD booth!

Transponder off within 30 miles is not a big deal. You need to remember that there will be a bunch of airplanes flying in that don't even have transponders.

I know it is a little out of the way for you guys, but if you were to stop in at KOLY during lunch time we would feed you.

Archived