Landing light

Jerry

5 hours ago, WmInce said:

That could turn into a good 3-D printing project for someone.

I'm afraid that a 3D printed part might not bond well to the cowling. On the other hand You could pull a mold and make a vacuum bagged fiberglass or carbon fiber part that is light wieght that should be a simple bond on and finish part. Sounds like a new business venture for Indiana.

• 8 months later...

Hello- love this thread.  Switching to LED makes total sense.  I can only run my landing light for a short period, especially with reduced power on landing and idle at taxi before the low voltage alarm is sounding.  Using .75 amps with an LED would solve all those problems.  

So now I’m thinking of taking this to the next level....

I would love to fly all the time with a pulsing landing light that would really make our planes stand out night or day.  I found this module for $5 that would pulse the light.  I’m thinking a three position landing light switch (off, pulse, on) and a few simple mods behind the switch panel could really add to the safety factor.  Here is the module:  

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/strobe-controllers/pulsing-strobe-module/196/846/?utm_campaign=Child+-+Organic+Shopping&utm_source=Vehicle+Lighting+>+LED+Strobe+Controllers&utm_medium=LSC-100B&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgtPmiuTc6wIVZOyGCh30xQMVEAQYAiABEgLxiPD_BwE

What are your opinions?  If we could get an approval letter from FD it would be for the light, switch, and module in one shot.