Aerojones sets up shop in Florida

CT4ME

"Aerojones Americas" is setting up shop in Florida, as the centralized assembly and distribution facility for the AeroJones Aviation-produced CT series aircraft.  The aircraft will be manufactured in the Aerojones Aviation facility in Taiwan, and sent to Florida by container for assembly and final preparation.  Chris Benaiges is the CEO, with John Hurst assuming the COO position.

read more here:

http://www.aviationpros.com/press_release/12275475/light-sport-ctls-solidifies-representation-in-us-market 

"Aerojones Americas" is setting up shop in Florida, as the centralized assembly and distribution facility for the AeroJones Aviation-produced CT series aircraft.  The aircraft will be manufactured in the Aerojones Aviation facility in Taiwan, and sent to Florida by container for assembly and final preparation.  Chris Benaiges is the CEO, with John Hurst assuming the COO position.

read more here:

http://www.aviationpros.com/press_release/12275475/light-sport-ctls-solidifies-representation-in-us-market 

Way cool.  This is really good news.

Way cool.  This is really good news.

Excellent news. John texted he has a big surprise for us waiting at DeLand. Will be flying there Saturday, weather permitting. John Hurst assembled my airplane in 2010, and my brother's this year. He is a great guy. Expect good things.

Cheers

If I had to guess, AeroJones would be the manufacturer of airframes and parts, and FD USA will continue to be the distributor.  Same might be true for a resurrected FD Europe.  Tom has been very positive on AeroJones and its plans, I doubt that would be the case if it was about to crush his business.  AJ could probably save money by doing some production in the USA versus shipping halfway around the world, even with the higher cost of US labor.

Time will tell. 

Here is what Tom is quoted as saying in an article written by AOPA editor Jim Moore:

AeroJones Americas will take over support of existing CT owners and all new imports, Peghiny said.

Seems not to be good for FDUSA.

That means Tom is out...sad.

Tom is a smart guy and is one of , if not the, main architects of the LSA market in the U.S.A. No one knows this business better than him.  To be successful here in the U.S. I would have to believe that AJ will rely onTom's knowledge base.  My thought is he will be an important part of the Flight Design program and most probably will also be involved with the C4 program.  If course, after the last few years he might need a rest from the huge effort to keep the U.S. CT program going and find, or has found, another endeavour.

No one questions Tom's professionalism and contributions to making FD a success.  But he has lost a lot of money and may be simply tired of it all.  Since we haven't heard from him yet it's all conjecture, but since Tom's name was not in the Aerojones press announcements it makes me suspicious he has chosen not to play.

• 1 month later...

Any news about Tom and Flight Design USA ?

Last time I talked to him (on the phone), he was working with John Hurst, of AeroJones, who was next to me , in the aircraft. They were working in concert to bring more aircraft into the US. market. Tom was on his way to Germany to do some business/ paperwork  with Flight Design. That was about 3 weeks ago.

Cheers

Archived