10th Annual Page CT and Light Sport Fly-in

Olav

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First day of flying and a great Bryce Canyon group.  Greg from Down Under went with us for a taste of the Southwest.  Then we had Phil and his wife from Michigan, and Lee, and his wife from Phoenix and Jeff from Denver.

We flew into Bryce Canyon from Page and took the park shuttle to Bryce point in the Park, then on to Inspiration Point and then walked the rim to Sunset Point.  Some pictures of Bryce and Horseshoe Bend.

IMG_2731.jpg

IMG_2740.jpg

IMG_2741.jpg

IMG_2742.jpg

IMG_2743.jpg

IMG_2746.jpg

IMG_2755.jpg

IMG_2765.jpg

IMG_2760.jpg

2 hours ago, WmInce said:

Great pic's ya'll.

Wish I was there.

G'day it's not your fault that the weather gods play nasty sometimes, was hoping to catch up with you and Andy. May bee another time. The wx is good here at the moment

Just another beautiful day in the Southwest.  Flew to Monument valley today with 5 other planes.  Ron & Jan, Phillip, Pete and wife, Rick and Pam, Lee and Christine, and myself and Greg from Down Under. Doc Ron was a great leader and everyone did their part in keeping up and keeping each other in sight.  Great group!! The next to last picture I took in late April but it shows Navajo Mountain and the Lake real well so I included it. I have to put in that disclaimer in because I know someone would have noticed the snow. That is Rick on the left and Lee on the right in the first picture.

IMG_2772.jpg

IMG_2781.jpg

IMG_2782.jpg

IMG_2785.jpg

IMG_2783.jpg

IMG_2786.jpg

IMG_2787.jpg

IMG_2789.jpg

IMG_2792.jpg

IMG_2047.jpg

IMG_2045.jpg

Escalante, UT today with 9 airplanes.  As you may notice we are having more variety in airplane types.  Several other Light Sport planes have joined us and are most welcome.

The pictures are "the group" eating breakfast in Escalante, then planes on the ramp, then John and Linda in their plane, then Darryl Swensen with his CTLS (which is for sale),  followed by a couple pictures of Lake Powell.

IMG_2795.jpg

IMG_2796.jpg

IMG_2797.jpg

IMG_2798.jpg

IMG_2801.jpg

IMG_2804.jpg

Great pictures of a great gathering, many thanks to the organizers and "tour" guides who all did a splendid job. My fourth time and planning on many more.  The organizers did such a fantastic job I had tail winds and smooth air both going and returning from KPGA! 

3 minutes ago, azleejay said:

Great pictures of a great gathering, many thanks to the organizers and "tour" guides who all did a splendid job. My fourth time and planning on many more.  The organizers did such a fantastic job I had tail winds and smooth air both going and returning from KPGA! 

I totally agree, what a great event well run and organised. I am still at the Clarion for another night because our pilot for PGA - PHX has booked off crook, see how I go tomorrow. I get to stay in this fine town another night but it is not the same with every one else gone, still happy though with good memories of our get together.

1 hour ago, ct9000 said:

I totally agree, what a great event well run and organised. I am still at the Clarion for another night because our pilot for PGA - PHX has booked off crook, see how I go tomorrow. I get to stay in this fine town another night but it is not the same with every one else gone, still happy though with good memories of our get together.

That's a  bummer, I could have dropped you off in Phoenix on the way back.

51 minutes ago, Duane Jefts said:

That's a  bummer, I could have dropped you off in Phoenix on the way back.

Thank you for the thought but when you left I was still checking out the insides of my eyelids, we weren't to know.

A great fly-in once again, with good weather and, as always, a group of terrific people.  The scenery is stunning, the flying wonderful but it is really the people who come to this that are the soul of this event. Tim and I are already looking forward to next year with some ideas for some new experiences being tossed about.  So stand by, stay tuned and keep your schedules open for October 2018 (specific dates to be set shortly)!  And finally, thank you to everyone who attended for making the Annual Page CT and Light Sport Fly-in the bucket list event it is. Fly safe everyone!

"Olav"

Thank you John Olaf and Tim for organizing such a great fly-in. Thanks also to tour guide extraordinaire Dwayne for a wonderful tour of Bryce Canyon and all the helpful tips regarding places to fly and things to see during our short stay in Page. There are not enough superlatives to describe the flying and the scenery in the area, we only wish it was just a little closer. We landed back at KYIP shortly after 2:30 local time Monday afternoon. Long day Sunday to Kansas City, MO but we did have good weather all the way home, just not the tailwinds we had hoped for. Including the three days of amazing flying in Page, we put 38 hours flight time on our CT, averaging just under 5.2 gallons/hour. Again, thanks to everyone for a fantastic time. Incredible flying and wonderful people - it just doesn't get any better!

N816W Page AZ.JPG

Quick stats from the 2017 Page CT and Light Sport Fly-in:

20 planes...13 CTs (both SWs and LSs), 2 Tecnams, 1 Zenith 601, 1 RV12, and 1 RV6.  31 pilots and "crew".  This does not include a Cessna 337 that Eric and "crew" came in (thanks for that impressive presentation on the new ADS-B development Eric!).   Attendee that came the furthest:  Greg Merritt ("CT9000") from Melbourne, Australia who arrived for his first visit to the U.S. just for this fly-in...and says he will be back next year!  Other attendees from beyond the Southwest Region came from:  British Columbia, Canada; Friday Harbor, WA; Ypsilanti, MI; Nashville, TN; and Hermosa Beach, CA.  Others closer in came from Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, and Colorado.

Start planning for 2018 folks!  It will be even better with some really new events and experiences in the planning stage.  Details to follow in the months ahead.  Next October will be here before you know it!

Olav

IMG_5459.JPG

IMG_5445.JPG

• Admin unpinned this topic

Archived