Throttle Friction

podpilot

Just remove the 4 screws on the throttle housing top. You can leave the throttle and brake handles on. Push the throttle full open and lift up the top panel. You will see down inside a 13mm nut on the right adjacent to the brake  lever and adjacent to the throttle lever the head of the 13mm bolt. You will need a small straight tip screwdriver and a 13mm open end wrench. Place the screwdriver blade down along side the bolt head. You will see a small slot between the bolt head and a bracket. This will keep the bolt head from turning. Then put the 13mm wrench on the nut and give it a very small turn to tighten it. Now try the throttle lever for the increased friction. If you like it your done. If not tighten it a tad more. It takes very little nut movement to increase the throttle friction. If you can't quite get to the 13mm nut from the top access then you can remove the next panel back between the seats and that will allow a little different flatter angle to get your 13mm wrench in.  Most of the time the top access works just fine.

Don't over-do it.  Too tight and the throttle will stick when you try to make changes, which is annoying when trying to land in gusty conditions (ask me how I know!).  The ideal IMO is the lightest feel you can have in the throttle without it self-advancing from vibration over time in flight.  If it's not moving itself forward (to higher throttle setting) when you fly, I wouldn't touch it.

Archived