New Rotax SI-912-020 Rev. 4

Runtoeat

Anybody figure out what is "mandatory" and what is not on the new Rotax service bulletin SI-912-020 Rev 4? Rotax drives me nuts by the way they word their bulletins. I figure that the new flex fuel line is optional if one has the stainless lines installed. As for the other stuff, like the new soft start module which requires a new flywheel, I'm hoping that this is optional but can't tell by reading the Sevice Instruction??

SI-912-020-R4.pdf

Hi Dick,

Go back to bed and get some sleep. It isn't for us.

This Service Instruction is now in Revision 4. Of note in this revision is the introduction of an alternative spark plug for the 914 series engines. The new 914 spark plug DPR9EA-9 has a Rotax part no. of: 897259. The 914 Spark plug X27EPR-U9 Rotax part no. 897257 is still valid, but any mixing of spark plugs part no. 897259 and 897257 should be avoided.

Dave and Roger, thanks for the reply. Although these things don't seem to be mandatory, maybe the flexible fuel supply to the carbs wouldn't a bad idea. This would allow easier removal of the carbs for float bowl inspection at the annual. Don't really see a need to change the balance tube to improve carb sync. This goes OK as is.

Archived