What's my HS34 do?

Buckaroo

I never flew one with the HS34, but if I remember correctly it provides the knobs to work the digital HSI on the Dynon display just like you would with a traditional HSI. It may also serve as an interface with a Dynon autopilot.

Yes Tom I think you're correct. I flew around the other day and got a handle of my True Track. Then I started pushing away at buttons on the HS34 and for the life of me can't figure out what she does. Even after a YouTube search there's nothing on it that demonstrates its use.

I think it's a inhancement to the TT and Dynon but can't figure it out. ????

The HS34 is an expansion module. It provides a bunch of extra pinouts, a requirement for more than one navigation source. It provides a knob interface to control some of the EFIS functions, as well as the capability to enable an aural alarm system instead of just a buzzer.

In order for it to work, it must be enabled in the DSAB configuration.

The HS34 is an expansion module. It provides a bunch of extra pinouts, a requirement for more than one navigation source. It provides a knob interface to control some of the EFIS functions, as well as the capability to enable an aural alarm system instead of just a buzzer.

In order for it to work, it must be enabled in the DSAB configuration.

Cool! Can you list a couple things I can try on it that it's useful for? Tomorrow im going to fly and try to get my TT, gps and hs34 understood so I'm proficient with those before my cross country.

Thanks for any tips!

Dave

Download and read here:

http://wiki.dynonavionics.com/HS34_FAQ#What_is_the_HS34_HSI_Expansion_module.3F

The HS34 expands Dynon's already popular line of affordable EFIS and EMS instruments. While all of Dynon's EFIS instruments currently include HSI functionality, full compatibility with some GPS and NAV radios has been limited by the serial connection method.

The HS34 overcomes these restraints by adding ARINC-429, analog, and serial interfaces to cover many popular radios. With the addition of an HS34 to an EFIS, full compatibility is now possible with radios such as the 430/530. This includes advanced features IFR pilots demand, such as CDI auto-scaling and full vertical guidance information from WAAS-enabled units. The HS34 effectively eliminates the need to install a conventional CDI/GS head. The panel-mounted HS34 provides a superior user interface to the HSI as well. By including dedicated knobs and buttons for the barometer, course (OBS), heading bug, navigation source, and bearing source, users can quickly access the primary functions without pushing any buttons on the EFIS.

Additional functions of the HS34 include auto-dimming of all Dynon equipment, and audio output for voice annunciation of various system warnings and alarms, and additional EMS general purpose and contact inputs.

Download and read here:

http://wiki.dynonavionics.com/HS34_FAQ#What_is_the_HS34_HSI_Expansion_module.3F

The HS34 expands Dynon's already popular line of affordable EFIS and EMS instruments. While all of Dynon's EFIS instruments currently include HSI functionality, full compatibility with some GPS and NAV radios has been limited by the serial connection method.

The HS34 overcomes these restraints by adding ARINC-429, analog, and serial interfaces to cover many popular radios. With the addition of an HS34 to an EFIS, full compatibility is now possible with radios such as the 430/530. This includes advanced features IFR pilots demand, such as CDI auto-scaling and full vertical guidance information from WAAS-enabled units. The HS34 effectively eliminates the need to install a conventional CDI/GS head. The panel-mounted HS34 provides a superior user interface to the HSI as well. By including dedicated knobs and buttons for the barometer, course (OBS), heading bug, navigation source, and bearing source, users can quickly access the primary functions without pushing any buttons on the EFIS.

Additional functions of the HS34 include auto-dimming of all Dynon equipment, and audio output for voice annunciation of various system warnings and alarms, and additional EMS general purpose and contact inputs.

Thanks Roger! Nice referral for info on hs34! Now I'll have to figure out how this is a handy addition.

Anyone with this unit any tips to make life easier would be appreciated.

I'm really loving this airplane more and more! My Rans, Super Cub etc friends are getting envious! ????

Sounds cool Buckaroo, the HS34 was a band-aid that got added on to their original EFIS lines. It added stuff they basically forgot on the original equipment, like the serial port conversions and the voice audio alerts, as well as the twisty knobs that IFR commercial pilots were used to. In their new Skyview line, all that is now included... and more. The only thing I miss in my D100/Trutrak is the ability to dial in an altitude. I am constantly forgetting to watch the altitude after dialing in a vertical speed, so I overshoot a lot.

Sounds cool Buckaroo, the HS34 was a band-aid that got added on to their original EFIS lines. It added stuff they basically forgot on the original equipment, like the serial port conversions and the voice audio alerts, as well as the twisty knobs that IFR commercial pilots were used to. In their new Skyview line, all that is now included... and more. The only thing I miss in my D100/Trutrak is the ability to dial in an altitude. I am constantly forgetting to watch the altitude after dialing in a vertical speed, so I overshoot a lot.

Sounds logical! I'll play with it now and not worry about messing up the AP. I thought it may be tied to that.

I have a lady constantly telling me I'm too low or my airspeed is low. I think this is how to shut her up!????

Archived