4-place CT?

FastEddieB

I just feel metal over composites might have the edge when it comes to the ageing process and maintenance and repairs the domain. And I guess other than production cost FD might feel metal is better for training environment upkeep, if that is part of the market it seeks. WOW maybe not, if they are going for speed more than lift capacity---170 combined HP and goal of 140Kts...So, it might be diminutive weights wise compared to the competition, right?

Generally, is the metal on LSA's thinner that GA acft?

With FDs ridiculous advertisements for the LS (long 1,000 mile legs, breakfast in new york, lunch in chicago, dinner in denver). I will believe that 1200 mile range when I see it. WF

The ads for range aren't THAT overblown... 34 gallons at 5gph = 6.8 hours, at 120 kts = 813 nm = 935 statute miles. Flown with conservative throttle, the time will go up, but mileage will probably be even higher. Of course, their numbers are based on best-case situations... low weight, and some luck. I'd say that FD tends to stretch the numbers much less than many competitors. I remember one flight in the CT - from near Seattle, to Page AZ... about 1,000 miles, done in 7 hours. My butt hurts (or is it numb?) just thinking about that NYC, Chicago, Denver jaunt! And just how much time will you have for eating?

... a guy can hope!smile.gif

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Archived