strobe lights CTSW

procharger

6 hours ago, Runtoeat said:

I had this Whelen wing/tail strobe/position light kit installed on my CTSW in January.  Extremely bright.  Easily seen during the day and well engineered so there's no radio RFI.   FDUSA (Arian) approved an MRA for my CT. 

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/elpages/microburstIItailwhelen.php?recfer=7863

Thanks, Dick.

Any plans on upgrading to a larger LED landing light?

Hi Bill.  I don't fly at nite so my landing light basically compliments my strobe lights for daytime use.  I did replace the factory landing light with a LED landing light and control this with a GROTE  "wig-wag" box that provides either pulse or steady operation of the light, same thing motorcyclists do.  I know that improvement is needed for the anemic light output of our small round landing light if one flies at nite.  I am not sure what FD is installing now for landing lights?  At one time the rectangular landing light was being installed but I have had no experience with this.

21 minutes ago, Runtoeat said:

Hi Bill.  I don't fly at nite so my landing light basically compliments my strobe lights for daytime use.  I did replace the factory landing light with a LED landing light and control this with a GROTE  "wig-wag" box that provides either pulse or steady operation of the light, same thing motorcyclists do.  I know that improvement is needed for the anemic light output of our small round landing light if one flies at nite.  I am not sure what FD is installing now for landing lights?  At one time the rectangular landing light was being installed but I have had no experience with this.

Thank you for the reply.

The new CT Super Sport (CTSW) has the bigger LED landing light, found on the CTLS. According to Duane, it is very adequate for night takeoffs and landings.

On 3/4/2019 at 6:41 PM, WmInce said:

Thank you for the reply.

The new CT Super Sport (CTSW) has the bigger LED landing light, found on the CTLS. According to Duane, it is very adequate for night takeoffs and landings.

I have the LED landing light installed on my CTLS, and can confirm it does well at night. Have Done about 25 night landings with it and haven’t been disappointed. Made one landing with the the runway lights inop, and had no real issues.

1 hour ago, garrettgee2001 said:

I have the LED landing light installed on my CTLS, and can confirm it does well at night. Have Done about 25 night landings with it and haven’t been disappointed. Made one landing with the the runway lights inop, and had no real issues.

Thank you for the report on that. Not too many comments on the forum regarding the effectiveness of the newer light.

I hope a few others will provide some feedback, on real world experience, with the larger LED landing light.

• 1 year later...
On 3/4/2019 at 2:08 PM, WmInce said:

Thanks, Dick.

Any plans on upgrading to a larger LED landing light?

On 3/4/2019 at 8:00 AM, Runtoeat said:

I had this Whelen wing/tail strobe/position light kit installed on my CTSW in January.  Extremely bright.  Easily seen during the day and well engineered so there's no radio RFI.   FDUSA (Arian) approved an MRA for my CT. 

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/elpages/microburstIItailwhelen.php?recfer=7863

Are these an easy install. Can I power the strobes and nav lights from one existing wire? I don’t fly at night.