Spark Plugs

NC Bill

Hi Bill,

I get mine at Aircraft Spruce and change them every 75hrs. You can go longer on them, but at the price I just throw them them away at 75hrs. I use my airplane for rental and instruction though and want to make sure my clients don't have any trouble. You can also gap them a little tighter especially for cold weather starting.

My ROTAX absolutely requires the removable terminal nut - but check to see what kind of caps you have.

BTW, my local Advance Auto parts got me the plugs for about $2 each, though on the first try they got the welded terminal nut and I had to have them reorder,

I see in my log book that the Rotax uses a DCPR8E plug gaped .028. Does that sound right?

Hi

right number but wrong gap.. It ''used to be'' .028'' recommneded but now it is .023/.027''

section 14.2.2) of Line Maintenance Manual

even down to .020'' for better cold starting .

I notice you fly an 80hp ROTAX so not sure if there's a difference between that and the 912-ULS 100hp ROTAX.

Went to the ROTAX website and looked at the MX Manuals for the 912 and I can't find any mention anywhere of the gap tolerance on any manuals or revisions. Can someone chime in.

I notice you fly an 80hp ROTAX so not sure if there's a difference between that and the 912-ULS 100hp ROTAX.

Went to the ROTAX website and looked at the MX Manuals for the 912 and I can't find any mention anywhere of the gap tolerance on any manuals or revisions. Can someone chime in.

Check out page 64 in the Line Maintenance manual .023-.027 for the gap.

Good info on the spark plugs for both source and electrode gap. I'll have to see if my Advance Auto Parts or my NAPA stores can get these. Looks like asking for NGK stock #4339 that Tom supplied is what we're shooting for. I know that just asking for the DCPR8E won't insure that one will get the plugs with removable nut. Hopefully, this stock numbers will result in getting the plugs with removable electrode nut.

Fast Eddie, do you have the stock number that the Advance Auto store used for the plugs with the removable nuts?

CPS is California Power Systems in San Leandro, CA. Next to San Francisco. They are a Rotax distributor.

Here is their web site:

http://www.800-airwolf.com/

You can have them send you a catalog or go right there on line and order. If you have any questions about parts or Tech issues you can talk to Jeremy. The catalog is nice because it has blow up engine diagrams so it makes it easy to order parts by the correct Rotax part number. Jeremy has this hose replacement parts list, too.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived