WingX Bulletin

WmInce

Beginning with the 2019-08-15 (1909) data cycle, data for WingX will only be available for WingX Version 9 (iOS) & WingX Version 3 (Android). This means that users using WingX Pro7 will need to upgrade to WingX Version 9 (iOS) or WingX Version 3 (Android) prior to the 2019-08-15 (1909) data cycle in order to avoid any gaps in service.

• 7 months later...

My Wing X pro started saying that the sectional, charts and Aopa data bases are "unavailable" when I try to update, although my subscription is good to August 2020.  

Called Hilton Software tech support, and I was told that my ipad mini is "too old" to be supported. It has IOS 9.3.6, and the tech guy said I have to buy a new ipad with IOS 11. or newer.  The ipad otherwise  works like new, so this is pretty frustrating.

Any suggestions?

WF

I have a VERY old iPad Mini - a Mini 2. iOS 12.4.4. So far, it’s running WingXPro just fine.

If you have one even older than that, perhaps it’s time to bite the bullet and upgrade. I’m planning to do so, but I’m hoping for a redesign sans home button, and will try to wait for that.