Hose change SERVICE ALERT FOR THE 912iS

Do not disregard this.

Read if you have had a hose change on your 912iS engine. This is from me and not a factory alert. It's a hard core FYI. 

Due to a difference in hose 9.5mm and fitting 7.5, Oetiker clamps shouldn’t be used on the 912iS engine fuel supply hose that attaches on the fuel rail fitting. It could come off. The Oetiker for that size of hose does not crimp down far enough. We are not talking about the Band-It clamp on the fire sleeve. We are talking about the clamp on the rubber hose.

I would highly advised before the next flight that if you have had a hose change on your 912iS engine that you remove the top cowl and pull on the right side top fuel hose that attaches to the fuel rail.  It may slide off. If you have an Oetiker clamp on the rubber hose remove it and install a Band-It clamp which can compress the hose more and prevent it from coming off. 

D918ECAD-D82F-40B3-A2BC-E11DAFB783C7.jpeg

Band-it.png

• Admin2 featured and pinned this topic
1 hour ago, Aaronp07 said:

Thanks Roger! Always providing great info, I appeciate all your knowledge and experience. It makes us all better and safer. 

Same goes for Tom and Corey. Thank you.

We are lucky to have all those guys help our flying community.

On 8/16/2019 at 3:54 PM, Tom Baker said:

I have only done one 912iS hose change on a CT, but it had a different fitting than is shown in that photo. It was a 90° fitting that looks similar to an oil tank fitting.

Here's a picture of the engine that I believe Tom was referring to.  Like he said, it's a 90-degree fitting.  Been there for over a year without any issues.

Andy

IMG_7347.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Admin2 unpinned this topic