Floor mats? Any thoughts on these?

okent

Flew my 2008 CTLS to Oshkosh this year from Tulsa and found that I had a hard time finding a comfortable position for my feet.  It wasn't bad but just not like resting feet on the floorboard of my truck/car.

I am a low hour pilot so the thought of resting my feet on the pedals just seemed weird.

I don't have floor mats and was wondering if this seemed to help in any way or if this is even a reasonable thing to add to the plane in terms of general niceness or convenience.

Thanks

Okent, had the same issue on my way to OSH from CT.  discovered a position that was temporary but effective.  While cruising, I put my feet up over the pedals and rested the balls of my feet on the firewall.  It allowed me to stretch my legs a bit.   I have a CTLS perhaps our configurations are different.  Try it out next time. 

5 hours ago, AGLyme said:

Paid $180k for the mats, FD threw in the Plane.

The mats are affixed to the floor because they would slide all over the place otherwise.  I can take pics if you wish.  I will be flying tomorrow so will send them your way Bill...

Sounds good.

Thank you.

I was and am still not impressed with Flight Design's solution for floor mats. When I had my airplane I made patterns and had my dad who is in the upholstery business make some carpets. They go from under the seat all the way to the firewall, with a cut out for the control stick and slits for the rudder supports. They have an opening sewn in for the compartment. I also made a panel for the firewall and outside kick panel. The carpet doesn't solve all the cross country problems, but it does help some. 

AGlyme - the one on the picture is an earlier model,  Sting Sport, but yeah, they are nice clean planes with performance similar to the CT line. Interestingly, staying on the topic 🙂 the floor is already carpeted all around in my plane so I don't have to worry about it - just make sure to vacuum the thing now and then.

On 9/21/2019 at 11:22 AM, Tip said:

A friend just bought a LS with these mats. They look like what Tom describes.

AE724FA0-CB04-4C3F-8CD9-5125E8D73B1E.png

This is a set that the Gutemans at airtime have made for people, This is a CTLS, and they run $350 a set, I have asked multiple times  for a set on the CTSW, their guy does not have a template nor has he made them for the SW, They quoted me $450 for the CTSW, since there is no pattern and he would be staring from scratch.

• 6 months later...
On 9/21/2019 at 9:19 AM, Tom Baker said:

I was and am still not impressed with Flight Design's solution for floor mats. When I had my airplane I made patterns and had my dad who is in the upholstery business make some carpets. They go from under the seat all the way to the firewall, with a cut out for the control stick and slits for the rudder supports. They have an opening sewn in for the compartment. I also made a panel for the firewall and outside kick panel. The carpet doesn't solve all the cross country problems, but it does help some. 

Tom, do you still make these?  I'm interested in some for the new CT.