Bose A20 Control Holder

johnnyjr

quick update although I forgot to take a photo.  Flew with the holders yesterday, they worked great!  Some 3M VHB (clear kind) works great to hold them in place.  My CTSW does not have the map holder in it so these mounted just above the BRS handle, perfect spot to leave slack for the plugs to reach the jacks and easy (this is relative) to get to the volume and power button.  great to not have to worry about the remote falling behind the seat or putting any unneeded pressure on the plugs.  Great, simple and inexpensive way to clean up the cockpit a bit.

Pics to follow next time I'm out.

4 minutes ago, Animosity2k said:

To bad these plans aren't available online to print them ourselves. 

I don't know the accuracy of this file, but is available on grabcad, for the controller/headset,  it would be really easy to make a holder if someone could verify that it has correct dimensions.

BOSE.stp

image.png.38a175ebbca13bb9e7c07dd44ae6953c.png

I did post in a different thread that if you have the lightspeed there is a .stl available for personal use

image.png.45008c6364fa6d57aba4605b85cf9a11.png

image.png.cfa6ac6f257ce73fd5c7f56451196239.png

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3693220/files

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 10/3/2019 at 9:39 AM, Skunkworks85 said:

I don't know the accuracy of this file, but is available on grabcad, for the controller/headset,  it would be really easy to make a holder if someone could verify that it has correct dimensions.

BOSE.stp 1.41 MB · 2 downloads

image.png.38a175ebbca13bb9e7c07dd44ae6953c.png

I did post in a different thread that if you have the lightspeed there is a .stl available for personal use

image.png.45008c6364fa6d57aba4605b85cf9a11.png

image.png.cfa6ac6f257ce73fd5c7f56451196239.png

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3693220/files

If the Bose one can be made in an .stl file, I'll print it. 

36 minutes ago, Skunkworks85 said:

The Step file is only of the headset, It was made available to use so someone could design a holder for the bose. Currently there in no free bose holder that I know of.

I wish I knew how to do it! I'll ask around. If I can get the .stl file made, I'll post it here for you all. 

36 minutes ago, JaredYng said:

$40 is a bit steep. 

Says who?

Design time plus machine capital amortized per unit sold? Its a 17 year old kid. He designed the part. What are the costs of a CAD software? commercial grade software licenses usually range from $5k - $80k per year.  The cheapest, (verge of hobby grade) I know of is fusion 360, commercial licenses are $500 a year

You want it cheap, Design it yourself. If you cant design it,  see what the cost are to have someone else design it. I bet you'll pay the 40 bucks then.

Sorry rant over.

Flying is expensive, Balking over 40 bucks is almost laughable. 

Flying is also passion that many people share with one another without compensation. 

I'm working on paying for a design of one that I prefer and I'll be sure to share it with everyone for free. I can assure you that if I did sell them the design time and material to make one if I sold just 10 would be far less than $40 but nevertheless, I won't be. 

You're more than welcome to this version for now. Just remember to help each other out within the aviation community. 

Bose control holder v5.stl

I use a free online cad program called Onshape.  It's web based so it's independent of your computer processing power.  Very simple to use and did I mention free?

The guys who are designing the DarkAero are using it for all their design work.

I have a machine shop with a partner and I will routinely use Onshape to draw up a part and load it into a machine to run parts.

• 3 weeks later...