Panel overlays

corvette33

No, I was looking for an overlay of the entire panel that is usually made of a plastic material to resemble a wood or carbon fiber product. I had a company called Aero Enhancements make one for my Piper Arrow several years ago but I think they are now out of business.

HI Corvette,

I haven't heard of anyone doing this, but it seems like the overlay would be easy to put over the panel and trim with a razor blade. Cutting out the holes wouldn't be too terrible, but removing all the instruments and switches would be a major pain in the rump. Then you would have to replace your decals. It may be quite a project by the time you finish.

Apparently a real good product is Hexis Carbon Fiber Film and it is availble at at Headlight Armor. Google it. www.stickercity.com also carries 3M brand.

I ran accross this on a car forum where a poster just did some interior work with the Hexis and he was very pleased with the look and the application ease. I guess all carbon fiber wraps are not equal so be careful what you buy

I had no idea this stuff was so popular until I started looking into it for this post.

• 1 year later...

Archived