Nap

30 minutes ago, Andy A said:

My CTLSi is definitely fun to fly but can't carry the weight of the CTSWs or older CTLSs. The useful load of my plane is 464 pounds.  After subtracting 210 pounds for full fuel you are only left with 254 pounds for people and stuff.  You don't really need to fly around with full fuel at all times, since its about 7 hours worth of flying, but it is something you need to know.  Some of the CTSWs and CTLSs can carry 600 + pounds.  Also, don't forget to factor in the $4-5,000 for the 5 year rubber replacement in you operating costs.  It is very fuel efficient, but this reoccuring 5 year cost increases the operating costs.  With all that said, I still enjoy my CTLSi.  My mission will be changing in a year or two when our child gets a little older...and hopefully my airplane will too.  

Also, after 2 years of owning the CT, I personally don't think LSAs are cheaper to own that a similar standard category airplane.

My CTSW has gained a little weight over the years (as do we all) and it's currently got a 575lb useful load.  That's my wife and I plus full fuel.  As you noted, full fuel in a CT is kind of silly for most flights.  Carrying 25 gallons lets me carry ~65lb of bags (more likely 50lb bags plus all the crap that is always in the airplane), which is a good config for travel for two.  That gives me three hour legs with about ten gallons left on landing.

I have often said I prefer the weight carrying capacity of the CTSW to the refinements of the CTLS, but both are great airplanes.  I sure do wish I had the rear quarter windows of the CTLS so I could see *anything* to the rear of the airplane...