Pilot Profile with CTLS

Aaronp07

As you guys can see my "Fuel pressure low" announcement came on for that 2 second period when full throttle was added for takeoff. It only does it when the temp gets warm, very predictable. It goes off and everything is normal from then on. It only happens after a long taxi on a warm day. I have read all the threads on here about it, plus on the Rotax owners forum, as well as the Rotax Service Bulletins, so I have educated myself on the issue. I have tried all the recomendations to get it not to happen, but it is pretty predictable based on outside temperature and taxi time. 

Rex had it from the end of Feb to early April. He did my 5 year rubber this year as well. I mentioned it to him, and I had him put a brand new fuel pressure sender unit on. I have read a lot about this and it is common. What is weird is it is not an issue for everyone, just some people in the fleet. I found the service bulletin for the fuel pump which states it is normal for it to show low pressure but must go back to normal within 5 seconds. Rex has a neat place, I would be stopping by if I lived in Tulsa as well. He is very knowledgeable on Rotax and FD.

30 minutes ago, WmInce said:

It is my understanding Rex has more experience with Flight Design than any other mechanic in North America. He started doing maintenance on them when they first arrived in the US.

I would believe that, he answered all my questions and then some. He is very squared away!

56 minutes ago, okent said:

Aaron, I remember your plane!  Thats pretty cool.

Rex is definitely the man.  Glad he's local to me.

I figured you would when I told you when he had it. I have had zero issues since I picked it up from him. I dropped one of the carb bowls last week after about 15 hours just to check for any debris since I had the rubber changed. Not one speck of anything in it! I will use him for annuals and heavy maintnance from now on.