Sun Visor

corvette33

Can anyone give me a source for sun visors and floor carpet for the CTSW? I know the carpets can be easily made locally but I was just wondering if anyone has them available pre made. I have seen CT's with sunvisors but I would like to find a source to purchase a pair. Thanks

• 6 months later...

Can anyone give me a source for sun visors and floor carpet for the CTSW? I know the carpets can be easily made locally but I was just wondering if anyone has them available pre made. I have seen CT's with sunvisors but I would like to find a source to purchase a pair. Thanks

I think the CTLS sunvisor will work. Also, at Oshkosh, I talked to the Rosen people who were working up a prototype that they said would work. They talked with FD USA about it in my presence.

• 2 years later...

I made a couple a few months ago. They are tinted 15 x 15 and I had the plexiglass company heat and shape them to stay off of the windshield. I attached them to the bar with a 1 1/2 inch plastic spacer with stainless bolts and nuts so that I could still get my hands on it to get in and out. I also placed a couple of suction cups I got from Hobby Lobby to be sure they stay clear of the windshield. I have pictures on my phone I can send if someone wants to see them. My total cost was right at $80.00.

Hi Roger,

I am hoping clump is bigger (not smaller).

Then, to snag clump to the smaller pipe.  I am thinking to use weather strip foram in between clamp and pipe...

If that doent work...then I have no choice but to return the item...

If so, I might order one from you Roger.

You can also cut lengthwise a section of radiator hose of appropriate diameter to clamp to, the rubber will protect both the bar and the clamp, and give a friction surface that won't allow the clamp to creep under vibration.  I'm sure you can get to whatever diameter you need with that method.

Archived