Midwest LSA Show

GrassStripFlyBoy

Bumming I could not make it.  Pushed 1 hour into marginal VFR and what should have improved only worsened, was not going to fly scud running it through IFR across 100+ more miles.  Ducked in Ann Arbor for a stop to evaluate weather / allow it to improve, and realized Thursday was not going to work.  It would have been a perfect day for IFR in a CT, a few thousand feet up I'd have been VFR on top all to solid VFR at MVN, need to get that ticket and think about a heated pitot for days like this, zero significant weather risk, just scuddy low bases.

In the end it was a blessing I did not make it, upon my return home late last night I had a medical scare and was at ER until 4am, fortunately no cardio issues detected.  I won't get into specifics, and diagnosis is nothing that would preclude me from continuing to maintain a medical, but sure is nice to own a LSA and not have to deal with that.

On 9/11/2020 at 2:25 PM, Skunkworks85 said:

One Left Early

That was me... the other CT there on Friday was a rental.  There was a CTSW that was there on Thursday but only for a short period.   I was hanging out in the pilots lounge on Friday morning at the FBO planning the trip back to CT.  So much for an early start back, weather was IFR in the early AM... improved to MVFR for the first 60 miles or so heading east.  I shoved off at 10ish.  I did make it back yesterday with one fuel stop in PA -- 890 miles each way. 85% of the trip involved a cloud layer with few breaks...  Plane performed flawlessly and comfortably.  Nice flight. Barely made it in before dark. 

The show was small but it was a good opportunity for serious buyers to engage with the Dealers.  FD took up several prospective customers in the F2.

Tom Baker and Skunk sorry I missed you guys.  And Darrell I applaud you for starting out and then turning back.  NOT a good flying day from where you were starting from.  I am a bad photographer and I will spare y'all from the "there is downtown Pittsburgh" type photos... but I am bummed about the "Jimmy Stewart Plan" weathervane pic I took... I had my thumb on the phone camera... I did include another pic of the Jimmy Stewart plane from a terrible angle...  oh well.

IMG_1990.JPG

IMG_1994.JPG

IMG_1978.JPG

59 minutes ago, AGLyme said:

That was me... the other CT there on Friday was a rental.  There was a CTSW that was there on Thursday but only for a short period.   I was hanging out in the pilots lounge on Friday morning at the FBO planning the trip back to CT.  So much for an early start back, weather was IFR in the early AM... improved to MVFR for the first 60 miles or so heading east.  I shoved off at 10ish.  I did make it back yesterday with one fuel stop in PA -- 890 miles each way. 85% of the trip involved a cloud layer with few breaks...  Plane performed flawlessly and comfortably.  Nice flight. Barely made it in before dark. 

The show was small but it was a good opportunity for serious buyers to engage with the Dealers.  FD took up several prospective customers in the F2.

Tom Baker and Skunk sorry I missed you guys.  And Darrell I applaud you for starting out and then turning back.  NOT a good flying day from where you were starting from.  I am a bad photographer and I will spare y'all from the "there is downtown Pittsburgh" type photos... but I am bummed about the "Jimmy Stewart Plan" weathervane pic I took... I had my thumb on the phone camera... I did include another pic of the Jimmy Stewart plane from a terrible angle...  oh well.

I arrived Friday morning just a few minutes before you took off. I drove down instead of flying. It is about a :30 flight and 1:15 drive. At least I was able to stop for breakfast along the way. When you took of on runway 5 my place was about 35 miles on your nose.

I didn't make the fly in but just so happened to be lined up to do pattern work at RVS and Tom Jr landed right in front of me.  Caught up with him at his hangar and got to sit in the F2.

Lots of room.  Mushroom is now larger and taller.  Nice looking airplane.  Seats are much more adjustable.

Did I mention lots of room?