Charlie Tango lives in Florence, OR now

Ed Cesnalis

Yeah, there is nothing here in flatlands that can compete with west coast or even east coast scenery wise but I am thinking about doing a weekend flight around Lake Michigan with my wife - Mackinac Island, Green Bay near Oshkosh ... should be fun.

Back in 2019 we went all the way to Niagara Falls via Cleveland and back - tons of fun...well, except perhaps when I managed to lock the canopy key inside my plane and had to call around for a locksmith on a weekend evening at KLNN. 
Was lucky to find one really... he arrived on his rather spectacular Harley chopper and had the canopy lock open in no time - he was so fascinated working on my little plane we ended up talking for 30+ minutes and he refused to take any payment.

F9925189-121A-4570-8125-9F754FFEC9E7.jpeg

3 hours ago, Warmi said:

Yeah, there is nothing here in flatlands that can compete with west coast or even east coast scenery wise but I am thinking about doing a weekend flight around Lake Michigan with my wife - Mackinac Island, Green Bay near Oshkosh ... should be fun.

Back in 2019 we went all the way to Niagara Falls via Cleveland and back - tons of fun...well, except perhaps when I managed to lock the canopy key inside my plane and had to call around for locksmith on a weekend evening at KLNN. 
Was lucky to find one really... he arrived on his rather spectacular Harley chopper and had the canopy lock open in no time - he was so fascinated working on my little plane we ended up talking for 30+ minutes and he refused to take any payment.

F9925189-121A-4570-8125-9F754FFEC9E7.jpeg

KLNN is right down the street from my home base KCGF however I get all my maintenance done at KLNN. 

I went up to Ed's old home base this week, Mammoth Yosemite. Absolutely gorgeous! I wouldn't try to post a pic because it would be an insult to Ed's amazing posts of the area.

Plane performed great at the 7k Airport and I got up to 11.5k to cross the Sierra. 5.5 hour drive or 55 minute flight! 

2 hours ago, Animosity2k said:

KLNN is right down the street from my home base KCGF however I get all my maintenance done at KLNN. 

I remember when I was getting close to KLNN I kept referring to it on the radio as " Lost City" , my wife kept yelling at me " it is called Lost Nation , why you keep calling it lost city" - whatever, it got stuck in my head as Lost City for some reason .... then on my way out west, I blew KCGF D class airspace by about a mile going around Cleveland ... pretty embarrassing mistakes all around ...but still was tons of fun 🙂

On 5/29/2021 at 2:35 PM, Warmi said:

I remember when I was getting close to KLNN I kept referring to it on the radio as " Lost City" , my wife kept yelling at me " it is called Lost Nation , why you keep calling it lost city" - whatever, it got stuck in my head as Lost City for some reason .... then on my way out west, I blew KCGF D class airspace by about a mile going around Cleveland ... pretty embarrassing mistakes all around ...but still was tons of fun 🙂

I busted CGF class "D" when I took my checkride out of LNN. About 30 seconds after departure 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow does that look dark. That's supposed to be Eliot Glacier on the north-east side. It looks like some of the ice is still there but it's not white. Is that ash from fires? If so, it's going to absorb a lot more solar heating than the normally sparkling white stuff. That's going to be a problem.

Do you have a photo of the climbing route on the west side?