Seats too far back

Big Flapper

Something to consider is buying some quality seat foam and stuffing under the bottom and back.  This will give you the benefit of improved comfort on long hauls, as well as buy you some adjustment forward.  The seat covers are fairly easy to remove, cut the foam to size and simply place it between existing foam and cover.

You must not be a tall person. I'm 5'7", and I normally fly the CT in the third hole back. I like my legs fairly stretched out and I use my calves for the rudder. Also if you tighten the seat support strap when the seat is in the second or third position, and then move it forward the seatback will really sit up. This will make you fell closer.

On 10/23/2020 at 4:43 PM, Tom Baker said:

You must not be a tall person. I'm 5'7", and I normally fly the CT in the third hole back. I like my legs fairly stretched out and I use my calves for the rudder. Also if you tighten the seat support strap when the seat is in the second or third position, and then move it forward the seatback will really sit up. This will make you fell closer.

Just goes to show people have different preferences...I'm 6'1" and prefer the second hole from the most forward one!  I like being a little closer to the panel. 

One thing to consider when adjusting the seats on a CTSW:  You want to make sure the rear strap to the headrest is tight, otherwise the headrest will rub against the rear bulkhead, and in heavy turbulence could lead to cracking the bulkhead or the seat shell.  Having the strap tight means the seat will probably be a little more upright than you want for optimal comfort...welcome to CT seating positions!  :D

48 minutes ago, FlyingMonkey said:

Just goes to show people have different preferences...I'm 6'1" and prefer the second hole from the most forward one!  I like being a little closer to the panel. 

One thing to consider when adjusting the seats on a CTSW:  You want to make sure the rear strap to the headrest is tight, otherwise the headrest will rub against the rear bulkhead, and in heavy turbulence could lead to cracking the bulkhead or the seat shell.  Having the strap tight means the seat will probably be a little more upright than you want for optimal comfort...welcome to CT seating positions!  :D

My comment was for the CTLS. For the SW I am normally in hole two. Both of those are sitting in the Right Seat. If I am in the left closer is okay.