Winter Op's

GrassStripFlyBoy

Here's the pic's, the servos are your old items, the head and harness is from Madhatter, one of his servos went Rob Jahnke who is doing a panel update as well, just bought same GRT EFIS and won't steal his thunder but working on nice plan. 

Panel:  I wanted a dedicated power switch, and placed disconnect button where you see in photo.  Will add redundant button on stick down the road.

Pitch servo:  Very happy with how this worked.  The rear screws intercepted the seat stiffener, and torqued up nice with just a large washer on back side.  The front screws - I have a new appreciation for the light in Light Sport - that carbon is paper thin.  Made a doubler strip of .063 with bent 90's along edge, maybe 2" x 6" footprint, torqued up cautiously, all real solid sandwich.  Just need to add the clear guard not shown in this pic.

Roll servo:  Essentially a duplicate of factory, except slotted the shaft hole straight up so servo can be pulled without removing torque enhancer.  And made doubler about 2.5" x 5" with a curve on one side to wrap along tunnel edge rad, nice and solid without any glass work.  Needs a dab of torque seal, didn't feel like doing that in 10 degree weather last night.

And I saved my sketch of the servo bracket 2D layout, and bend lines.  If anyone needs a roll mount I'd be willing to fab that.  The pitch servo is way more work, that would not be cheap but with it all figured out I could do these much faster now.

image.thumb.png.c738f7e8fbe681017941938fed321a4e.png

image.thumb.png.2c6ad3d1d4a10a222735714288cfc3a9.png

image.thumb.png.91ea2dae33af0145bc3a9c72435acef5.png

11 hours ago, GrassStripFlyBoy said:

Here's the pic's, the servos are your old items, the head and harness is from Madhatter, one of his servos went Rob Jahnke who is doing a panel update as well, just bought same GRT EFIS and won't steal his thunder but working on nice plan. 

Panel:  I wanted a dedicated power switch, and placed disconnect button where you see in photo.  Will add redundant button on stick down the road.

Pitch servo:  Very happy with how this worked.  The rear screws intercepted the seat stiffener, and torqued up nice with just a large washer on back side.  The front screws - I have a new appreciation for the light in Light Sport - that carbon is paper thin.  Made a doubler strip of .063 with bent 90's along edge, maybe 2" x 6" footprint, torqued up cautiously, all real solid sandwich.  Just need to add the clear guard not shown in this pic.

Roll servo:  Essentially a duplicate of factory, except slotted the shaft hole straight up so servo can be pulled without removing torque enhancer.  And made doubler about 2.5" x 5" with a curve on one side to wrap along tunnel edge rad, nice and solid without any glass work.  Needs a dab of torque seal, didn't feel like doing that in 10 degree weather last night.

And I saved my sketch of the servo bracket 2D layout, and bend lines.  If anyone needs a roll mount I'd be willing to fab that.  The pitch servo is way more work, that would not be cheap but with it all figured out I could do these much faster now.

image.thumb.png.c738f7e8fbe681017941938fed321a4e.png

image.thumb.png.2c6ad3d1d4a10a222735714288cfc3a9.png

image.thumb.png.91ea2dae33af0145bc3a9c72435acef5.png

That came out really good! Impressed by bracket for the roll servo. I was going to remake the one for the roll servo when I switched to the Dynon Servos, because there were a couple of slight differences, but all I did was butcher some sheet aluminum. Ended up just kidding the stock servo bracket (probably butchered it a bit too).  Overall, looks really sound!

Also, like the dedicated autopilot power switch. I might have to “borrow” that idea from you!

3 minutes ago, garrettgee2001 said:

Also, like the dedicated autopilot power switch. I might have to “borrow” that idea from you!

My logic is the track record of screens going bad and such (I'm sure you know!), I figure the less this is running the longer I will enjoy it.  Will only power on when needed, otherwise it's off.

Flew this morning, WOW - I don't think I'll be able to go back to flying without one.  Very happy.